Potato peeler

thomas244, Mar 29, 3:12am
About to buy new potato peeler, that I can use for apples as well.
Any recommendations on which is best brand! Have always used the cheap ones that come in a pack of two, but would like to upgrade to something better. Thanks.

carriebradshaw, Mar 29, 3:17am
I have an OXO one which I've had for a few years now.I love it and it's very easy to use.

olwen, Mar 29, 3:33am
I have one from Countdown with a fat handle and crosswise blade that is good (Y shaped).I also have a Wiltshire with the same configuration.It is not good.Something about the width of the blade or something.

olwen, Mar 29, 3:33am
I have one from Countdown with a fat handle and crosswise blade that is good (Y shaped).I also have a Wiltshire with the same configuration.It is not good.Something about the width of the blade or something.

One of those cheap little potato peelers cost me $125 in 1974 when they were $0.39 in the shop.Thank you Selwyn, I did need one, but could have bought it.

amsandlant, Mar 29, 7:15am
I have a zyliss one that I've had for a few years now, and love it.Easy to hold, easy to use, and does a good job.Went through a lot of cheaper ones before I bought this one!

cookessentials, Mar 29, 7:54am
Zyliss.good for pumpkin too.

marcs, Mar 30, 10:48am
Zyliss. One with serated blade. Gets used in the restaurant I work in and and considering I peel 10kg's of carrots a week with this peeler it is still very sharp after a year. Love the peeler.

player_smurf, Mar 30, 7:19pm
Another vote for Zyliss here.check out Amazon, with the $ being so good to shop in USA at the moment its worth it and also Amazon are very reasonable with postage.

newtec1, Apr 1, 9:52am
Star.Made in switzerland.You can only buy them at home shows etc,but they are super efficient.