Ganache Icing i can pipe please

allurs, Mar 25, 8:55am
Have had a few disasters and dont want any more could someone help with tips and a fail safe recipe thanks

horizons_, Mar 25, 8:27pm
You know, if you had googled this you would have had your answer within a minute.
Try here:-
http://savorysweetlife.com/2009/08/simply-glorious-chocolate-ganache-recipe-3-ways/

splitty, Mar 26, 2:51am
Hi allurs, there are lots of different recipes, it depends on how thick you want it. I usually use one that is 2 parts dark chocolate to 1 part cream. It doesn't matter how much of each you use as long as you pretty much have that ratio. Heat the cream in a saucepan until almost boiling then turn off the heat, add chopped chocolate and whisk until smooth. If you use decent chocolate instead of melts or buttons it works better. Or if you want really thick ganache that will set and give you a nice base for fondant etc you can use a 3:1 ratio but you will have to heat the chocolate and the cream slowly together only until the chocolate is melted then take off the heat and whisk until smooth. Either of these you can pipe.
If you want white chocolate ganache, you will need to use a 3:1 ratio as it won't set properly and milk choc you need a 3:1 ratio or at least a 2.5:1.

Without knowing what disasters you have had, I don't know what other things to tell you
:)

allurs, Mar 26, 5:30am
thanks for that this was the reason i asked i know there are plenty of recipies but wanted experiance help,will follow your instructions

gennie, Mar 26, 7:16am
This isn't a strict ganache but is still a nice rich chocolate icing that can be piped.
120g dark choc (50% at least)
50g butter
1 egg
175 g icing sugar
Melt choc and butter together,when luke warm, beat in the egg and then the icing sugar.
It will be a pouring consistency.If you want it to be a piping consistency, just leave it for a while.I usually put in the fridge and stir now and again and within an hour it so suitable for piping.If too hard to pipe then just gently warm a little.
Very easy to make.Quality of taste depends a lot on the quality of the chocolate used.
This quantity will cove a small cake.You may want to double for a large cake, particularly if you want lots of piped decoration.

suzanna, Mar 26, 10:05am
Bring a cup of cream just to the boil.
Pour cream over 350gms good quality chopped chocolate
Use a whisk to combine.
Stand bowl in sink of very cold water until the choc/cream mix has cooled down or even cold- of course the colder it gets the thicker it gets.
Beat until it is the consistency you want. Pipe away.
Seriously good according to my chocoholic daughter.

bev00, Sep 1, 9:27am
Have copied this from an early post.Just let it cool in fridge befor you pipe it,but dont let it set hard.

as shown by Annabel Langbein on her TV show. 500 mls cream, 500 best chocolate ( 70% cocoa solids ) roughly chopped. Pour cream into amedium pot and heat it until it is very hot, and almost but not boiling. You'll know it's ready when bubbles start to form around the edge of the pot. Remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate. Stand for 2 mins, then stir until the chocolate is fully melted into the cream. Whisk the mixture until it is smooth and glossy. Makes approx 4 cups. This is from her website. Cheers.

softlysoftly8 (10 ) 4:33 pm, Fri 10 Dec #3