Sausage recipes

ditex, Mar 2, 8:57pm
I would like to try something different with sausages can anyone give me some ideas. I remember something called i think toad in the hole but have no idea how to cook it, Thanks

245sam, Mar 2, 9:29pm
ditex, Toad in the Hole is basically cooked sausages in a Yorkshire Pudding batter.
Maybe if you tell us how you usually cook/have sausages it would be easier to suggest "something different with sausages" or alternatively, try doing a search here on this Trademe MB using sausages as the Keyword and Last year as the Date posted option.:-))

dibble35, Mar 2, 10:15pm
I've got a curried sausage recipe I got off here years ago, i'll post it here if you want it, it's quite nice.

theanimal1, Mar 2, 10:53pm
Toad in hole

Toad

-8 Sausages

Hole

(Yorkshire pudding mix)

-100g / 4oz Flour

-Salt

-1 Egg

-250ml / 1/4pt Milk

-25g / 1oz Oil

Place sausages in the roasting tray with a little oil

Place in hot oven (230C) for 5-10 minutes

Remove

Add Yorkshire Pudding mix and return to hot oven until cooked (@15-20 minutes)

Cut into portions and serve with thick gravy/sauce

theanimal1, Mar 2, 10:54pm
SAUSAGE CASSEROLE

8 Sausages . 2 Cups Boiling Water

1 onion . 2 Tbsp Sugar

1 Carrot . 4 Tbsp Flour

S & P . 4 Tbsp Vinegar

2 Tbsp Tomato or Worcester Sauce

Place sausages in casserole dish. Grate over carrot & onion. Mix

Sugar & Flour. Vinegar, S&P & Sauce with 2 Cups of boiling water.

Cook at 350f

180c for 1 hour

serves 4

ditex, Mar 3, 12:39am
Thanks for the messages so far i usually just grill them, i know that is really boring, the curry one sounds nice i would love to try it

holz22, Mar 3, 10:29pm
Devilled sausages (not from a packet) are easy and yum. I got my recipe off here years ago, make it all the time.

korbo, Mar 4, 4:47am
poster's 5 recipe is a good one, and one i make often.
THO i chop the onion, couldnt imagine grating it,.
really nice the next day, if any left.

kennymac, Mar 4, 4:59am
I copied this off here a long time ago.Sorry I don't know who was the original poster.
SAUSAGES - Take 6 [ or more if you can] cold cooked sausages and slice long ways. Take 4 med size cold cooked spuds and slice. Slice 2 onions thinly and fry till just cooked.Slice 2 large tomatoes. Large cup grated cheese, 1 cup milk with 2 eggs beaten in salt and pepper. In a small roasting/baking/foil/ pie plate , take what ever you have ,layer strips of sausage , next a layer of spud , onion, tom, cheese, start again until all used up. Pour milk/egg mix over top,put into 180 oven until set, about 3/4 of an hour.

ditex, Mar 10, 12:22am
These recipes are great thanks to all that contributed will certainly try them. Sausages these days are always on special so i cook them a lot

clawed2, Mar 16, 8:08am
brown s ausages ,cut into halves or threes and rollin a generous mix of brown sugar and curry to taste. Grease dish and plac e either sliced apples or tinned apples (prefer stewed first) on bottom add sausage mix. Top with mashed spud . grated chees e and breadcrumbs and bake till heated through and top crisp