Japanese Curry in the crockpot?

georgie36, Mar 2, 7:52pm
Just wondering if anyone has made this in the crockpot! If so did it turn out ok! Cheers

allurs, Mar 3, 3:13am
Yes i do beautiful

lindylambchops1, Mar 3, 3:15am
Would love the recipe please, TIA!

mieshammie, Mar 3, 4:24am
Never heard of a Japanese curry before - do tell!

lindylambchops1, Mar 3, 4:37am
My daughter is in Japan she loves it, although it is not like a hot Indian curry.I would appreciate a recipe please.I am just Googling images of Japanese Curry.

georgie36, Mar 3, 4:51am
I buy from supermarket in a packet in asian section! allurs do you put potatos in yours! if so when. Serve with rice and use steak. very tasty.

uli, Mar 3, 6:49am
Japanese curries tend to be cooked in a wok or some flat pot - but are "quick" recipes - I cannot imagine them being put into a crockpot . boiling away for hours . maybe ask you local Japanese community!

lindylambchops1, Mar 3, 7:46am
How disappointing to find you use a packet Japanese curry!I will Google some recipes.

fullom, Mar 22, 8:44am
I like the taste of Jap curries but they are full of MSG.

dalkemade, Mar 22, 8:55am
It makes me smile when people worry about MSG. Do they also avoid mushrooms and tomatoes which are a source of it, I think not. Too much paranoia about MSG.

neil_di, Mar 22, 10:53pm
uli wrote:
Japanese curries tend to be cooked in a wok or some flat pot - but are "quick" recipes - I cannot imagine them being put into a crockpot . boiling away for hours . maybe ask you local Japanese community![/quote
Checked with my Japanese community(my DIL.an accomplished cook) she only uses her crockpot for curries.produces a more tender and flavoursome result.she is a busy Mum so makes large quantities and freezes meal lots.

uli, Mar 26, 10:06pm
Thanks for that neil_di.
The Japanese people I know here don't use crockpots. Maybe she is in NZ longer than my friends and has adapted her recipes!