Bun heating advice please

tommydog, Mar 2, 5:21am
What is the best way to heat bread rolls in the Microwave without them going all tough and horrible.I wrapped a paper towel around it but it isn't very nice to eat.Is there any device you can buy for heating up bread rolls want to make hotdogs with nice buns.Thanks.

sarahb5, Mar 2, 5:43am
Put a glassful of water in the microwave at the same time as you heat up the buns - can't say I've ever had the problem of the buns going tough though I have an auto-reheat function on my microwave that is quite a low power setting

lythande1, Mar 2, 5:59am
Personally I'd just put them in a real oven for 5-10 mins or so, doesn't take long at all there, so why bother with a microwave.

shop-a-holic, Mar 2, 6:07am
Buns used as hotdogs are best steamed.If you don't have a steamer; bring a large pot, with a little water to the boil; and place buns (already slit/cut) in a sieve! Throw on the lid.In less than 50sec to 1 min; beautiful pipping hot soft buns.By cutting them first reduces unnecessary handling afterwards, thus crushing the structure of the bread.

Yum! I'll have all sauces plus double cheese, please.

shop-a-holic, Mar 2, 6:13am
Second tip: I have made hotdogs, cold so to speak. Cut bun; add sauces / cheese / onion etc.Add frankfurter. Wrap securely in Baking Paper, twisting the ends to resemble lolly wrappers.
Zap in microwave. 1min-1min 30sec mins, depending on wattage/strength of microwave.Works. But they need to rest for a little, before unwrapping.

tommydog, Mar 3, 1:33am
I'm wanting to get a new mircowaveI like the sound of the auto-heat function, would you mind telling me what brand yours is .

clair4, Mar 3, 3:45am
We use a bench oven and it is marvellous.Cook most things in it including roast dinners and baking.So much better than a microwave.

fluffyb, Mar 3, 10:58pm
Me too, wouldn't be without my little bench top oven! Quick and easy for heating rolls, never go tough. Actually I do mine straight out of the freezer! Even cook casseroles in mine too.

farmers, Mar 3, 11:42pm
I do them the same.never fails!