Foodtown Magazine Feb 2002

firemansgirl, Feb 28, 10:41am
I know it's a long shot but does anyone still have a copy of this magazine! There are a couple of recipes in it that I would like to have. Or. I'd buy it there was someone kind enough to put up a listing.

thelaw014, Feb 28, 8:01pm
The magazine has a website - you might be able to find it on there. I think it's just called FOOD now.

julie55, Feb 29, 3:03am
I have just found a copy of this in a box in the garage - I collect mags and have Cuisine going back to about 1999 so it was worth a look for you. Let me know what you want and I'll type it up. Cheers

firemansgirl, Feb 29, 8:31am
Ooooh Julie55 you Angel xx

There are two recipes, one for semi-dried tomatoes, and the other for Harvest vegetables, it's got cream and eggs in it, so set sort of like a frittata.
Thank you!

julie55, Feb 29, 10:36pm
Semi Dried Tomatoes
1Kg acid-free tomatoes
1 Tbsp each: plain salt, sugar
Fresh Basil Leaves
Light Olive oil

Preheat Oven to 150C. Line a baking tray with foil.
Cut the tomatoes in half length-wise, scoop out the seeds and discard.
Sprinkle the cut side with salt and sugar. Arrange the tomatoes cut side down on a wire rack on the baming sheets. Place on a low shelf in the oven for 21/2- 3 hours.
Fill sterilised jars with yje semi dried tomaroes. Add several basil leaves to each jar and cover completely with olive oil. Store, covered, in the refirdgerator for 2 months.

RE Harvest Vegetables type recipe in this mag -sorry not there. But if it is a frittata like thing the way I do it is to cut and cook a range of veges to all about the same size in olive oil, tip into a dish and depending on the quantity use a 50:50 mix bluetop milk and cream, 3-4 eggs, a handful of tasty cheese, chopped fresh herbs and bake at around 180C until just set.
Hope that helps. If you can recheck the mag month you want I can do another check as I have boxes on Foddtowns, Cuisine and Tastes in the Garage going back a few years. Cheers.

firemansgirl, Mar 1, 8:20am
Julie55 thank you so much for this -am looking forward to doing these tomatoes. I had thought that the harvest one was in the same magazine I was looking through while in the Dr's surgery (imagine them having a 12yr old magazine!) but will check gain when I'm in there next. Thanks again!