O/T but do you listen to music during dinner?

winnie231, Feb 27, 8:15am
OK - a random question I know, but as I was selecting what music I was going to eat dinner to tonight, I wondered if anyone else still listened to music while eating dinner these days!
I used to take great pleasure as a child in choosing a record to play during dinner-time & since I've lived alone I have rediscovered this small joy.
Am I alone on this one!

sarahb5, Feb 27, 8:26am
No we don't because it's the time when we are all together so there's a lot of talking going on - I enjoy the fact that there's no other noise either because most of the rest of the day the TV is on, or the radio at work, or the kids have their music on so it's nice to have it quiet enough to just talk.I do remember though when I was a child dad would always put music on when we had Sunday lunch and occasionally he would even let us choose the music - within reason!

uli, Feb 27, 8:35am
Yes - I always do :)

purplegoanna, Feb 27, 10:42pm
i like to but hubbys choice of music was not dinner eating music so its now no music at all.techno or rap is not a comfortable music to eat ones dinner too!

davidt4, Feb 27, 11:22pm
We don't.Dinner is a time for us to talk.

winnie231, Feb 27, 11:54pm
Lol :) That wouldn't be my choice of dinner music either!
As I mostly eat alone, having background music is nicer than silence but I still have music on when sharing a meal.
I choose something easy listening & keep it at a volume that doesn't spoil the conversation. I think it adds a nice atmosphere to the meal but maybe that's just the romantic in me :)