Field Mushrooms

lochanora, Feb 28, 3:44am
I have picked a bucket and a half of field mushrooms. Would anyone have a soup recipe that would freeze well or any other suggetions. Cheers

pheebs1, Feb 28, 8:49am
Saute them and freeze for later use heres how

Cool sauteed mushrooms before packaging them. Allow the mushrooms to come to room temperature, or place the pan of sauteed mushrooms in a sink filled with ice water to cool them quickly.

Transfer the mushrooms to a freezer-safe plastic storage container. Package a large amount of sauteed mushrooms in several small containers. Leave a half-inch in each container to allow for possible expansion.

Wipe any liquids off of the container's rim with a paper towel. Press an airtight lid onto the container securely.

Label the container with a piece of freezer tape featuring the storage date.

Store the mushrooms in a freezer set at 0 degrees Fahrenheit for up to nine months.

Sponsored Links

Read more: How to Freeze Sauteed Mushrooms | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_8197329_freeze-sauteed-mushrooms.html#ixzz1nfGd3miJ

beaker59, Feb 28, 11:11pm
OH is it that time of year already :)

Must head out for a look.

lochanora, Feb 29, 1:56am
thanks pheebs1 I will try freezing some as well.

malcovy, Feb 29, 2:00am
I plan to dry mushrooms by threading them onto thick cotton and hanging in a cool place, I love the chewiness and flavour.

whitehead., Feb 29, 6:50am
soup make a rue and add chopped bacon to taste plus mushrooms add the spice you use to make pink ginbitters just a dash and cook for about 30 minutes