Cleaning the inside of the oven window

calista, Feb 19, 7:01am
The glass in my oven door seems to have got very messy recently - or I've just noticed it (which is a bit shameful to admit).What, in your experience is the best thing to use to clean this!I am avioding the spray on stuff as I am asthmatic.TIA

trottjb, Feb 19, 7:06am
I use the shark steam cleaner.It is fantastic, no chemicals just steam, my whole oven looks brand new.You get them from TV shop.Pay $19.95 to try it, them pay it off over 3 months.I do windows on the inside, benches and cupboards around taps etc.

jessie981, Feb 19, 7:16am
Use soap Steel Wool

tasmum, Feb 19, 8:09pm
Try cleaning with malt vinegar. I've used this and it really does work. I did have to add a bit of baking soda as well for some stubborn marks.Just rub with a cloth.

retired, Feb 19, 9:38pm
Mine came off with vinegar/water mix, same as windows and glass tops.

darlingmole, Feb 19, 10:40pm
I use the jiff and a steelo

kinna54, Feb 19, 11:21pm
Sometimes it's also a build up in between the glass and the door.So when you clean the inside of the door, it doesn't come clean.Hope that makes sense.
DH often takes our oven door apart to clean it. B of a job to get it undone but boy it looks fantastic when he cleans it. Note I said HE.

calista, Feb 19, 11:55pm
Darn, I knewhaving a bloke around could come in handy.I do think some of this is the betweenstuff.

jia5, Feb 20, 2:52am
Wow wow wow, read this post so thought I would give it a go with my steam mop. Used it on the bottom of the oven as well. Had to use a bit of muscle with a cloth and vinegar on a small area that I was never been able to get completely clean. The steam softens and makes oven cleaning so much easier. What a difference. Thank you for the tip.

grannymum, Feb 21, 6:10am
What brand of steam mop have you got jia & are you happy with it!

peaknuckle, Feb 21, 9:19am
Just a note on that steam mop. I thought when I was steaming everything in the house I'd try the oven but in my instruction manual it says - WARNING DONT USE TO CLEAN INSIDE OF OVENS. Our oven is only a year old so I cant use it in there (would pass out if it broke down). Might pay to check your ovens and steamers out first to see if they can be cleaned that way.