white sugar
cheese
processed meat
food colouring
Any idas what I can feed him!

prawn_whiskas, Feb 17, 3:27am
cardboard!

*sorry no help lol*

I feel for you with those sorts of restrictions! Poor wee mite.

Good luck on your quest!

duckmoon, Feb 17, 3:28am
hve you had a look on the Allergy NZ website.!
They have also published a cook book

freestar5, Feb 17, 4:03am
All of his favorites have disapeared! Hamburgers, pizza,bacon and eggs! Pour boy I feel so sorry for him.

freestar5, Feb 17, 8:06am
not so much help!
cardboard and thats it
bumbing

accroul, Feb 17, 8:43am
I'd make a suggestion but would you listen!

vmax2, Feb 17, 8:55am
Why don't you go and make another list of all the things he can eat and then get creative.That's what I've had to do over the years.It's amazing what you can come up with when you have to.

freestar5, Feb 17, 9:22am
as long as it isnt cardboard -I will take it on board
Thanks

shop-a-holic, Feb 17, 9:52am
Do you have proof of his allergy to all of the food groups you've listed!
How old is our patient!

davidt4, Feb 17, 8:54pm
That's the way to go.You still have a huge range of veges and fresh meats to choose from.

___ellajac___, Feb 17, 10:17pm
as davidt4 says - rice is very helpful, riceflour also

___ellajac___, Feb 17, 10:18pm
When my family were young I had to feed them with no milk/beef/eggs for one, no wheat/corn/yeasts for another, no milk for a third then hubby had allergy tests for migraine and his worst reaction was to potato but he had 22 others as well.

accroul, Feb 17, 11:45pm
Google 'Paleo diet' or 'Caveman diet'
Both are low/no dairy, no grains (corn is a grain btw) & no sugar (may include a little honey) and also very unprocessed!
Here's a link to a blog's recipe index that might help you along
http://nomnompaleo.com/recipeindex

vmax2, Feb 18, 12:46am
Lots of soups and stews, salads - finger foods - carrot sticks, celery sticks, baby tomatoes, a few nuts.Go back to basics and just think food, not packaged stuff.I've had worse lists of food to avoid before and still managed to cook meals.A bit hard to get the head around to start with but then I found it wonderful to be creative with what I could use.And then you get the reward of seeing your child's health improve and it's all worth it.

sarahb5, Feb 18, 2:49am
Can still make burgers - you just have to make them from scratch, mince your own meat, add herbs and spices.

juliewn, Feb 18, 6:00am
Hi. in place of some of the items on your list, you could use the following:

Corn - use carrots, celery, courgette's, cucumber, etc. all either in recipes or as finger foods, lunch-boxes, salads, fresh tomatoes are good finger food or school lunch foods too.

Potatoes - kumara including red and yellow - parsnips are another option. delicious roasted too.

Cooked tomatoes - cooked mashed or sliced pumpkin or kumara are good option's for anything cooked tomatoes can be used with, including for pizza's, as thickener's for pasta sauce, casserole's and stews, etc. and therefore avoiding the use of flour or other thickener's

Eggs - for in recipes, you can use a tablespoon of cooked apple pulp (doesn't have to be sweetened), honey or golden syrup (if the latter is allowed) to replace each egg and mix and cook as usual.

White sugar - use honey or fruit - or don't sweeten foods. A wide range of fruit, and quite a few veges, have varying degrees of sweetness.

Cheese - there are vegetarian options. would they be ok!
A friend has allergic reactions to cheese. when our families have lunch/picnic meals together, it's easy to leave the cheese out. even with pizza. use other ingredients that have lots of flavour, and you won't notice the cheese isn't included. Dedicated cheese lovers didn't realise the pizza's didn't have cheese till it was talked about later.
Other ingredients! Onions, garlic, pumpkin or kumara (both boiled/roasted and sliced or mashed), leeks, capsicums, eggplants - roasting them before using them in recipes, on pizza, etc. gives even more flavour. There will be gluten and corn free pizza base recipes available, check online or the gluten free threads here - see below in 'gluten'.Lemon juice and zest also enhance flavours, as do herbs.

Processed meat - use any of the types and cuts of fresh meats or poultry. pork, lamb, beef, chicken, duck, turkey, etc. Or for non-meat options, use chickpeas(including in hummous), lentils, any other legumes, etc.Add herbs, spices, etc.etc. if you want.

Food colouring - I'd leave all colouring out and check for it in any food items you purchase.

Gluten - there are many people who post in the recipe threads who eat without using gluten so will leave those experienced in this to make suggestions. there are gluten free threads here that might be of help. type 'gluten free' into the left of your screen messageboard search function, change 'last 24 hours' to 'last year' by clicking on the down arrow, then search.

I'd also eat the same foods, plus have anyone else there eat them as well, so everyone is eating the same foods and he doesn't feel left-out at all. there are a heap of options available, so many recipes to make and foods to enjoy.

Hope this is of help. :-)

gaspodetwd, Feb 18, 7:31am
Cottage pie and shepherds pie - topped with kumara. Include onion and carrot and celery in the mince. Use fresh herbs and red wine. Thicken with arrowroot.

Steak,mushrooms, kumara mash and green beans.

Hamburgers - use GF bread , lettuce, make your own patties from fresh meat, barkers plum sauce ( it is GF but check the corn status) and lettuce.

Chicken drumsticks in honey, soy, ginger and garlic. With rice.

Roast chicken with herbs, roast Veges and mashed kumara.The chicken can be used cold for lunches.

Roast pumpkin soup.

Paella. Rissotto - pumpkin or mushroom or chicken.
Stews - steak and kidney, steak, lamb- do in a crock pot long and slow.

gaspodetwd, Feb 18, 7:36am
Use fresh herbs for flavour, wine ( just cook it out well). Thicken with arrowroot.
Get some basic recipes and write everything down so you can adjust each time to get it perfect.
Plum sauce can be swapped for tomato in many cases.
Use very old recipes - you will find they use very standard ingredients that can be bought cheaply and you can swap things easily. If you can't have tomato and potatoes then you might have to avoid the other nightshades too.

very_hotpants, Feb 18, 9:01am
what are the allergies!

accroul, Feb 18, 9:02am
Read the first post!