Question please re best ovens

homeschoolmum, Feb 15, 11:50pm
Hello Ladies,
We need to buy a new free standing oven as our old Fisher and Paykel is playing up big time.Which ones can you all recommend please! It has to be free standing as we have nowhere to put a wall oven sadly( would love a double wall oven ).It will have to be reasonable in cost too.
Thanks.

lindylambchops1, Feb 16, 3:10am
Have you checked on line, check the sales & bargains.Do you get flyers in your mail box.I realize home schooling you must live a bit remote, but use the computer to search.Good luck!Try the stores in your nearest town, phone them.

seano7, Feb 16, 4:48am
First what do you need it for. Do you do lots of baking roastingect.
Ovens can be vary fan bake or not. go to a local shop and explain what you make in it like grilling cheese on toast. dont just buy anything find what you need and go from there

homeschoolmum, Feb 16, 6:40pm
Thanks .I have looked on line but not many reviews to be found.I do a lot of baking and cooking/roastingand cook for quite a few people quite a bit. Do use fanbake so will need that.
Just was wondering if anyone had a particular one they could recommend.I guess not.LOL

newbat, Feb 16, 7:15pm
I have a baumatic ceramic top. not bad but all pots and pans need to be flat! I think the temp is not as hot as my old old old one. but then my mum always said all ovens are differant and need getting used to.

pickles7, Feb 16, 7:24pm
Consumers Institute, would be a great place to start.
That can be very tricky . I have just had a fridge taken away after months of being told there was nothing wrong with it. A DUD. I also had a lot of trouble getting an oven seen to, six repair visits before the repair man got onto the problem. A DUD. .Getting them, both,seen to were nightmare's.

My son is happy with his fridge, and the stove is a top brand, still is. We had more problems with both firms we had bought off. Once the oven was fixed we were happy,

pickles7, Feb 16, 7:24pm
Consumers Institute, would be a great place to start.
That can be very tricky . I have just had a fridge taken away after months of being told there was nothing wrong with it. A DUD. I also had a lot of trouble getting an oven seen to, six repair visits before the repair man got onto the problem. A DUD. .Getting them, both,seen to were nightmare's.

My son is happy with his fridge, and the stove is a top brand, still is. We had more problems with both firms we had bought off. Once the oven was fixed we were happy with it.

fifie, Feb 16, 7:53pm
1.Consumer magazine to get their recomendations. 2.If you do a lot of cooking consider a gas hob, great for stirfry's and quick. 3.My girls are on farms, cook a lot both have De Longi ovens with a fan function they love it. Do the research, see whats available.

thelaw014, Feb 16, 8:05pm
I have a Smeg with 5 gas hobs, including a wok one, on the top. It has fan bake and I really like the bigger size but must admit I wish it had a warming drawer.

grannymum, Feb 18, 4:11am
My son & his partner surprised me with a new stove after my old one died.It is a Westinghouse Saturn & it has thermowave (fan bake) & I am thrilled with it.Todays F&P appliances seem to getpretty lousy reviews.Lucky girl I know!

twindizzy, Feb 18, 4:13am
Ladies!It's 2012- Men cook too

elliehen, Feb 18, 4:32am
.but do they clean up after themselves!

grannymum, Feb 18, 11:38pm
My man is good at cleaning up but I am afraid his cooking only consists of a fry up or the bbq lol!He is pretty good around the house too so I dont mind cooking & he "cooks" for me when I dont feel like it so I guess I can't complain really.

vintagekitty, Feb 19, 12:16am
I think F & P are crap these days, would not touch any of their products with a barge pole. We have replaced 2x ovens, a washing machine, a fridge and 3x dishdrawers the last year. The ovens and dishdrawers were in rentals so I am not sure how they were looked after, but still, I would expect them to last longer than 1-2 years.

firob, Feb 19, 11:35am
Can't help thinking you are right vintagekitty. We have a F&P stove with ceramic top. In the 6 years since buying it we have had all 4 elements replaced 3 times, door seal 2 times. The local major appliance store in Ch - CH approached F & P regarding our suggestion we had a "dud" however F & P wouldnt consider any replacement compensation. Have purchasedF & P white goods for the last 37 years, but sorry, no more.

fifie, Feb 19, 7:36pm
Your on to it, my F/p oven door exploded in my face wasn't very old, fridge was 5-6 yrs old it got sent to the dump, along with the washing machine as well, and they don't want to know about it either. Worst company i have seen around, i spent all my working life in retail and came across a few.