Special Valentines dinner at home

tarshlove, Feb 13, 12:30am
What is some good ideas I want to make something really special using chicken I have whole, pieces, skinless breasts and thighs or tenderloins here I don't mind if I have to pop out and get something to do a recipe just want something that you wouldn't have every day and something my kids will eat (they will eat almost anything) want restaurant style/quality meal if possible TYIA

valentino, Feb 13, 2:14am
chicken yum
stuff chicken with bacon, Camembert cheese onions. wrap in tin foil cook in oven at last bit take wrap off and brown chicken a bit. Make mushroom sauce with bit off butter in fry pan. chopped mushrooms and cream and rosemary, bit of garlic little bit of wine, posted by dan608

TASTE TEASER: Stuff with cream cheese and dried apricots and coat chicken with crumbs and bake in oven very yummy. posted by connie56

Couple of thoughts from TMC of old, lovely with a nice salad, wedges or some fries and some salad items individually plated. and a nice glass of wine.

valentino, Feb 13, 2:14am
chicken yum
stuff chicken with bacon, Camembert cheese onions. wrap in tin foil cook in oven at last bit take wrap off and brown chicken a bit. Make mushroom sauce with bit off butter in fry pan. chopped mushrooms and cream and rosemary, bit of garlic little bit of wine, posted by dan608

TASTE TEASER: Stuff with cream cheese and dried apricots and coat chicken with crumbs and bake in oven very yummy. posted by connie56

Couple of thoughts from TMC of old, lovely with a nice salad, wedges or some fries and some salad items individually plated. and a nice glass of wine.

Editing to add that one can even use Sparkling Grape Juice either white or red, All can then enjoy.

tarshlove, Feb 13, 3:51am
Thanks heaps I was thinking of some sort of stuffed chicken too lol

ninascraft, Feb 13, 11:54pm
try this one
Sunshine chicken.
2 packets Maggi Tomato soup, mixed up with 3 cups of cold water direct into your casserole dish.Tip in whole can of pineapple pieces with the juice, and one diced green and one diced red pepper (or what ever pepper /s you have) Slip in the desired number of chicken pieces to cook into the mix.
Cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. In Mod oven.
Serve with baked potatoes, and greens.
Note the sauce is not thick, however I use any left over sauce as a base to soups.Simply strain and put in a dish in the freezer for later.

craig04, Feb 14, 3:47am
For your breasts or tenderloins, I recommend this one. My DH makes this for me for my birthday dinner every year - it is just delicious!

Tequila Chicken Fettucine

1 pkt of fresh fettucine (or make your own if have the means)
1/4 c chopped fresh coriander
2 T minced garlic
2 T minced jalapenos
3 T butter
1/2 c chicken stock
3-4 T tequila
2 T fresh lime juice
3 T soy sauce
750g skinless boneless chicken breast - cubed
1/4 sliced red onion
1 red capsicum - thinly sliced
1 yellow capsicum - thinly sliced
1 red capsicum - thinly sliced
1 1/2 c cream

Saute garlic and jalapeno in 2 T butter over med heat for 4-5 mins. Add stock, lime juice & tequila, bring mixture to boil and cook until reduced to a paste-like consistency. Set aside.
Pour soy sauce over chicken and leave for 5min. Saute onion and capsicums with remaining butter. Cook fettucine to al dente.
When capsicums have wilted, add chicken and soy sauce. Add tequila/lime paste and cream, bring to boil and gently simmer until chicken is cooked and sauce thickens.
Add the cooked fettucine and toss together.
Serve with a generous sprinkling of chopped coriander.

ETA: Serves 4

loulou104, Feb 14, 4:16am
We were going to have a roast chicken with veg and yorkshire puds but ended up having to go to town and that spent up heaps of my time. Now we are having butter chicken with rice and heart shaped chocolate brownie with cream and jelly cups with hersheys chocolates.

uli, Feb 13, 3:30am
What are you all planning for tomorrow then!

uli, Feb 13, 7:07am
Nothing - really!

davidt4, Feb 13, 7:13am
I'll be smoking a fine fat trevally that is presently curing in honey, salt and Bourbon.No doubt it will be served with the usual runner beans, tomatoes, onion and cucumber salad.Some of our tomatoes (Dynamo) are heart-shaped - does that qualify!

holly-rocks, Feb 13, 7:13am
We are getting visitors for lunch then think we will go and get some Indian takeaways for tea. Im planning on making a chocolate mousse for dessert. Then an outside bath under the stars.
My other half has my present sitting in the hall way in full view all wrapped up with a big sigh sayinh ~ No peeking Holly. Hes so cute LOL

Do you have any plans Uli! Or not really your thing! (:

uli, Feb 13, 7:14am
Not really my thing LOL - however I will have a pizza evening for the neighbours tomorrow - so that might count!

uli, Feb 13, 7:15am
Heart shaped anything will qualify Helen :)

holly-rocks, Feb 13, 7:15am
Yeah that counts LOL Have a nice night (:

uli, Feb 13, 7:17am
You too holly :)