Freezing peppers

calpol, Feb 8, 11:46pm
Please can anyone tell me the best way to freeze peppers

purplegoanna, Feb 8, 11:54pm
capsicums i freeze whole but they thaw squishy so are only suitable for cooking in meat dishes.

kay141, Feb 9, 12:07am
I cook chopped them with onions, garlic and tinned tomatoes. Sauted everything except the tomatoes lightly in olive oil and then add tomatoes. Simmer until cooked. This makes a delicious pasta sauce and also goes well with plain cooked meats and fish.

otterhound, Feb 9, 1:45am
I cut mine into segments, lay on a baking tray, drizzle with oil and roast for about 20 mins.Then I usually eat several segments on the way to the freezer, and pop them in still on the tray.When frozen, take them off the tray (they come off easily because of the oil) and put them in a freezer bag.Really handy when cooking pizzas - they defrost quickly and taste great.I froze heaps last year cos my capsicum plants went rampant, and they look like heading the same way this year=)

thelaw014, Feb 9, 2:07am
I just slice mine up into strips and freeze them. They are pretty much free flow anyway.

ayglepaygle, Feb 9, 4:44am
I roast mine whole( 'til the skin is blackened and blistered), let sit for a while (covered), peel the skin off, cut flesh into desired size, then freeze free flow.
They defrost quickly - great for salads, pizza, open sandwiches etc.

horizons_, Feb 9, 8:48pm
Cut to whatever size you prefer, spread out on a flat surface and freeze. Easily bagged up once frozen and are then freeflow so you can take out what you need. As mentioned above, they thaw soggy so only good for cooking (pizza, casseroles, stir fry etc)