Help needed with recipe.

chooky, Feb 5, 9:12pm
I found a recipe on here yesterday forcrock-pot sausages. It was sausages, tinned tomatoes, corn and chick-peas.I wrote it down roughly and went to do it this morning. I have written chop sausages into 3 pieces, do they need to be cooked first! Thanks.

rainrain1, Feb 5, 9:20pm
I don't the recipe, but I wouldn't think so

fisher, Feb 5, 9:34pm
maybe not. as the long slow process in the crock pot would cook them.
Maybe just brown them up a little if you wanted.

lythande1, Feb 6, 1:41am
You ever tried chopping a raw sausage! You can't, it oozes.

gardie, Feb 6, 5:39am
Not with my knife lythande1:)!A good sharp wet knife does an amazing job.I used to always cut up my sausages during our leaner years to make them go further.And, its even eaiser if the sausages are still a tiny bit frozen.Totally off topic I know.

fisher, Feb 6, 5:57am
Of course you can. I have a razor sharp chopper.no probs.:}get ya self some decent knives.

moviebug, Feb 6, 6:42am
Agree. Even without a razor sharp knife.Sorry:-)

I use kitchen scissors, and once the sausage pieces areincorporated into a recipe, they firm up, and are just fine.

chooky, Feb 6, 7:21am
Thanks everyone. I did cut them up with a sharp knife not a problem. Recipe ok, but needed abit more taste.

nauru, Feb 6, 8:34pm
I cut the sausages with my kitchen scissors and coat in a little flour and dry fry to brown then put into crockpot, it gets rid of some of the fat too. I have a nice AH recipe that I use,I will post it if anyone wants it.