Leftovers soup

gaspodetwd, Feb 5, 7:02am
I have pork gravy, chicken gravy, the cooked chicken carcass, and bit of roast pork and some leftover cooked Veges.
I was going to fry up some onion, carrot and celery and add the meat and gravy and some water with the cooked Veges!
But do I just make a general soup! Or use it to make a mushroom soup or something else! Any ideas!

cautis, Feb 5, 7:08am
I do a lot of this during winter and if I had one I'd throw in any flavour maggi soup packet or if I have been industrious, a chicken stock from roast chicken.

whitehead., Feb 5, 7:32am
stovey slice potatoe and onion finely have a pot of boiling water going tip the spud and onion in as soon as it comes back to the boil turn off and drain . heat your gravy and shred your meat you can add a sliced apple layer it up in a oven prouf dish with some gravy on top and pop in the oven till bubbling yummy with peas

gaspodetwd, Feb 6, 12:54am
I just took the gravy, a stock cube, water, cold leftover Veges and a bit of meat and cooked in the crockpot all morning. Thin soup but really lovely! Just from leftovers. We had it for lunch and still have a litre left.

duckmoon, Feb 6, 1:02am
I would make a roux (melted butter and some flour, and then us pe chicken stock ) to make some liquid to put the other ingredients in.

Perhaps adding some mustard, herbs or tabasco (or many of the above)to add to some flavor