Chinese Food suggestions?

weddingflowers, Feb 3, 6:21pm
Hi.I'm having my Chinese friends over for lunch (they speak no English and I know no Mandarin!)but I want to be able to offer them real Chinese food that is easy to prepare and that they will enjoy.Cheers, Glenys

jessie981, Feb 3, 6:32pm
Have you tried the lefthand message board! Under keyword put Chinese, then under date put last year. Good luck.

tinabops, Feb 4, 12:17am
I think perhaps they get chinese food everyday and might enjoy some good kiwi food.I would definitely cook them your own favourite dish and let them discover a new culture.

duckmoon, Feb 4, 1:30am
I eat lots of Chinese food. Made by wonderful men and women who have immigrated here. To be honest, I would try and replicate it. It just wouldn't be the same.

If I really wanted to do a nice action for a friend, i might go into a good Chinese restaurant and ask for some dumplings or something and serve them ( but not try and take credit)

marcs, Feb 4, 1:51am
I think I would make them a nice roast or something like that. Simple but elegant and something different. They already have chinese food so trying to replicate what they make will be difficult and they know their own food best. Make something you know best.

lythande1, Feb 4, 2:13am
Real! You sure! The stuff you see in takeaway shops isn't real chinese.
I'd stick to what you know - they're probably looking forward to something different (for them).

weddingflowers, Feb 4, 3:15am
Thanks everyone for your suggestions and as you are all of the same opinion I'll just go kiwi-style and keep it simple.cheers, Glenys