Lime cupcakes with Coconut Icing

dancewest, Jan 26, 8:51am
My Godsister is about to give birth and has requested Lime and Coconut Cupcakes.

I found a lovely Key Lime cupcake recipe but am after I great Coconut Frosting recipe. I don't think she can eat Cream Cheese (tho I might be wrong).
Any suggestions!

xtownie, Jan 26, 9:26am
Yum, could you share with us your Key Lime Cupcake recipe! Have you made them before! Or even just the link if its onlne Id love to try these.

dancewest, Jan 26, 9:32am
Am making them tomorrow but I like the sound of them. Others don't seem to use as much lime.

http://honestcooking.com/2011/04/29/key-lime-cupcakes/

bill241, Jan 26, 10:49am
Wow, they look really good actually, I might try them too.
I'd just make a whipped butter cream frosting, but with some kremelta instead of butter so that it stayed white, and add Hansells coconut flavouring stuff and then sprinkle that long shaved kind of coconut on the top, with candied lime zest to garnish them. I don't know the amounts because I usually just make it up.

sclaredy_cat, Jan 26, 11:52pm
Coconut Frosting:
230g butter
2 1/2 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup coconut cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut

In a large bowl cream the butter and gradually add the icing sugar, blend until combined.Add coconut cream, vanilla and coconut and blend until creamy.

dancewest, Jan 27, 12:24am
Cheers.
I just found out she can eat cream cheese. So I'm gonna do 1/2 crem cheese & coconut and half with butter. As I know not everyone likes cream cheese :)