Crockpot

girlpower, Jan 24, 3:54am
Can you cook a whole chicken in a crockpot & if yes how!

jwalkerno1, Jan 24, 8:23am
Absolutely you can cook a whole chicken in a crock pot.There are many variations to choose from, you can either place cut up vegetables like carrot onion and celery in the bottom of the cooker season your chicken with what ever takes your fancy and place on top of vegetables add a 1/2 cup of white wine and a 1/2 cup of chicken stock place a generous nob of butter or even better bacon strips over the top of the chicken and place on low for 8 hours.Or you can use garlic, carrot, onion, in bottom, lemon poked with fork in cavity with seasoning and rosemary.Add 1/2 cup of chicken stock season top of chicken lightly and cook for 8 hours on low.

As long as you make sure something is under the chicken and you have a little liquid you can mix it up how ever you like.Once chicken is done drain juices and reduce or thicken and use as a gravy or jus.

twobitcares, Jan 24, 9:17am
I just stick a small plate under the chook, put a pricked lemon and a rosemary sprig up its bum, season with salt and pepper and a few more rosemary sprigs on top and whack it in for 8 hours on low

twobitcares, Jan 24, 9:19am
We also do our roast pork in the crock pot and its delish! We remove the crackle fits and do it seperately under the grill, put cut up apple quarters in the slow cooker and a bit of apple juice aswell as cinnamon and brown sugar. Possily some other ingredients but thats the main ones

theboss17, Jan 24, 8:23pm
how do you gt spuds to cook mine never cook and kumra to

retired, Jan 25, 5:20am
I put whole chicken in a oven bag as it is easier to get out of the crock pot.Plus the pot is easier to clean.

muddyt, Jan 25, 5:21am
i have the same problem