Cupcake piping - help

mattdylan, Jan 17, 2:36am
can i use a plastic bag with a nip in the corner to pipe the icing onto cupcakes! never done it before and don't want to buy a piping bag, thanks!

kiwitrish, Jan 17, 3:03am
Yes you can.Do you have a nozzle that you can use.It will make it look so much nicer.

mattdylan, Jan 17, 3:13am
no I dont have a nozzle, how would a nozzle fit at the end of a plastic bag!

bill241, Jan 17, 3:17am
From my experience, the Pam's version of Glad bags burst when you use them for that but the actual Glad bags are nice and strong. If you did happen to have a nozzle I would just shove it down the hole first but if you don't have one its no great loss

bill241, Jan 17, 3:24am
There's a product you can buy at the supermarket called Multix piping bags and they are 5 plastic bags that you cut the corner off, but they come with a set of nozzles and a coupling, they're very cheap. I buy them to use with my Wilton nozzles because my Wilton piping bag broke and I'm lazy and like to just chuck things out rather than actually cleaning them and looking after them

mattdylan, Jan 17, 3:50am
oh cool I will have a look at the supermarket, are they in the baking aisle! thanks

bill241, Jan 17, 3:57am
Yes at New World I think they are in with all the cupcake papers and premade icing, Betty Crocker cake mixes etc. Box is orange