Beetroot

llskids, Jan 15, 7:56pm
does someone have a recipe for cooking fresh beetroot

kassie48, Jan 15, 7:59pm
Pop into the lefthand message board & under keyword put Beetroot. Under date posted put last year. Memebers recipes there.

malcovy, Jan 15, 8:39pm
What I do is clean the beetroot and cut leaves off but not too close to the beetroot and don't cut off tap root.Put into pot and cover with cold water and simmer for approx 20 mins.When beetroot has cooled then the skins slip off very easily.

dorothy_vdh, Jan 15, 8:45pm
small roast beetroot is lovely as well

eljayv, Jan 15, 9:55pm
You can trim wash and cook in microwave then rub off skin, cool and slice into a blend of water, vinegar and sugaretc.

mazzy1, Jan 15, 10:39pm
I preserved my whole beetroot crop (you fool, Maz) using Digby Law's Hot Chili Beetroot recipe. To be fair, he does warn "this is very hot, but very good" but two months later I tried some and it was completely inedible. The first bite was fine, then you could feel your sinuses searing. I wrote "damn you, DL" in my recipe book. A year later, I have just tried it again and for some strange reason it is actually edible. not as hot. So I have forgiven him - lol.

malcovy, Jan 15, 10:49pm
You could remix it and add plenty of grated, salted zucchini to it and re cook it, that may work.

spot20, Jan 15, 11:26pm
hahaha funny that!

denshon, Jan 16, 3:45am
I have this beetroot all year round in the fridge, keeps for a long time. Add beetroot to cold water with some salt, bring to boil and simmer until cooked, then cool. Bring to the boil 1 cup sugar 2 cups water 1cup malt vinegar. When beet is cold skin and slice and then add to hot mixture for 5 mins. I have halved the vinegar mixture when I have not had lots of beetroot. Delicious and so handy to have in the fridge!

lindylambchops1, Jan 16, 4:37am
Very funny!Enjoy!