New fridge tips please

terraalba, Jan 12, 11:25pm
People, I've never had a fridge with a humidity draw until today. Do you have any tips would be welcome about getting the most out of the humidiity draw and about the icemaker, also a new one me please!

Also now that I don't have to put vegetables in the crisper at the bottom. What is the best use of the crisper! I would have thought raw meat should go there but maybe I am mistaken.

cookessentials, Jan 13, 7:38am
Is it a mitsubishi one! We have one with fridge at the top, humidity draw in the middle and freezer at the bottom. The chiller draw in the fridge is great and I often put meat in there. I used it over christmas to store various meats that I was using over that period.

terraalba, Jan 13, 7:45am
Yes that's the brand. I chose it (not hubby) but I had to do a bit of the hard sell on the humidity drawer as it cost a bit more than the one without. He would have liked a temperature control (he's a techy). So I am hoping to learn from others how I can maximise the all the different features.

The deliverers phoned and gave me only 20 minutes before they arrived early this morning. I've never tidied and cleaned in the kitchen so fast. Hubby moaned when he got home because I didn't asked the deliverers to move the old one out of the house.

cookessentials, Jan 13, 8:11am
Ours tok the old one away to the tip for us which was great and also set it all up. I would go through the instruction booklet to get a general idea of how it all works first. The ice maker is fabulous. I think they say to put one load of ice through first and discard it. How often you will the water container depends on how much ice you use too.

terraalba, Jan 13, 9:36am
They did set up alright. I've been trying to read the instruction manual but it's not that easy. Even the techy spouse was bemused by the icemaking instructions.He's an obsessive instruction manual reader! I asked on here because experience of people is also a very useful set of knowledge.