Bottle of Ginger Wine

katalin2, Jan 8, 7:17am
Opened a bottle over the holidays we have had for a while- none of us like the taste. Any ideas on how to use it! We really like Stone's Ginger Wine but this was a different brand.

otterhound, Jan 8, 7:21am
Mix it with equal quantity of whisky - great drink!

katalin2, Jan 8, 7:25am
Sorry- not a whisky drinker- but must be nice if you like both.

pickles7, Jan 8, 7:26am
yaaa,,,,
make vinegar, with it. Easy as, 2 parts wine 1 part water, a cup of raw cider vinegar [ Bragg's is good], Put it all into a large wide mouthed jar, tie gauze over the top, place in a warm dark place. You will have vinegar in 3 months. It will smell like vinegar way sooner though.
Should make a very interesting ,vinegar. I made vinegar from feijoa wine, it is Top class. I have only got 1 bottle I am using and have the rest put away to mellow, In fact I may only open 1 bottle a year for the next 18 years. As long as I am good.

tommydog, Jan 9, 5:22am
try drinking it on ice I love Stones like that this might make your on taste a little better.

retired, Jan 9, 5:38am
Use it in a fruit cake.One in the Edmonds Book.

teddy147, Jan 9, 5:54am
i marinated prunes in some for christmas last year, they are so nice with ice cream.
just put prunes in jar that has a screw lid pour the wine over unil its at the top of the jar and seal. leave for at least 2 weeks.

rainrain1, Jan 9, 5:59am
Tall glass, ice, ginger wine, fill to the top with lemonade or ginger ale.