The best frozen chips pls

solid_citizen, Jan 6, 7:22pm
Im new to frozen chips lol, usually make my own,whats the best plz

peterlap1, Jan 6, 7:27pm
Talleys from Countdown.

urasxcqt, Jan 6, 7:41pm
the beer batter ones, crispy outside nice and fluffy inside

andrew499, Jan 6, 8:36pm
i like the Pams Chunky, available from Newworld or pack and save.they taste good, and are one of the cheaper ones on the market.
cheers

shop-a-holic, Jan 6, 8:37pm
Birdseye Curly Fries.

ellie04, Jan 6, 9:11pm
Birdseye Golden Crunch for sure! They come out crispy and crunchy and have some decent colour on them.

nickyd, Jan 6, 9:44pm
+1!

kiwitel, Jan 6, 11:08pm
Birds eye golden crunch all the way!

solid_citizen, Jan 6, 11:10pm
Thanks Guys, over and out

grannypam, Jan 6, 11:29pm
Pams chunky here.lol

nisisi, Jan 7, 1:14am
Watties new chicken flavoured fries - fantastic!

summah63, Jan 7, 5:02am
Haven't heard of these. Will check out next time at the SM.

very_hotpants, Jan 7, 5:57am
Countdowns signiture range supreme - we like the lites best. they get a nice colour as well

pinkpig3, Jan 7, 6:21am
Yeap

sevenge, Jan 7, 6:45am
tempura, nothing comes close, oven bake

molly37, Jan 7, 8:08am
Beer Batter ones, come in steak, wedges and shoestrings. i HATE oven chips generally and usually only cook them for the kids,but these i dont mind.

gurlkiwi, Jan 7, 8:17am
Talleys and Birdseye

shop-a-holic, Jan 7, 11:05am
Summary: A lot of us like Birdseye. Tick!
I like the curly fries. They are cut in Germany, unlike McCain Curly Fries which are from the US.
I'm going to check out that Birdseye Golden Crunch!
Thanks everyone (smiles)

lynja, Jan 7, 6:53pm
Birdseye definately. I buy when on special as they are the more expensive ones. alternatively the Pams Shoe string ones are good if cooked in a hot fan bake oven until very crunchy.

summah63, Jan 7, 7:11pm
Too confusing now. Sounds like a show from Target & the taste testers. Definitely going to try #13.

toadfish, Jan 7, 8:46pm
I haven't made the switch and still make my own.Chop them into chips, pop them in a pastic bag with a little rice bran oil and a couple of tablespoons of flour and the let you imagination run wild with seasonings.
We have an ice cream container especially for wedge seasoning. in it. Fries sprinkles, morrocan spices, curry powder, chicken stock, paprika,. no two batches are ever the same but all delcious. Potatoe type is important. we only buy agria.

People that know we know that I am NOT from the "must cook from scratch brigade". but truely these are so much nicer. its a taste and cost thing.

If I have an emergency bag of fries in the freezer it is usually a Select (Countdown) brand brought on special.

fifie, Jan 7, 9:36pm
My pennies worth, regardless whether you use frozen chips or home made, works for both, the secret is double cooking in the deep fryer for the best colouredcrunchy chips on the outside with a nice soft centre. Really good chips are home made with agria potatoes.

beaker59, Jan 7, 9:53pm
You know I can't eat those ghost chips though!

toadfish, Jan 7, 10:10pm
I oven bake mine on Baking Paper at 200 degrees