Salsa Recipes:

porsche9, Jan 5, 8:31pm
Anyone have some easy to combine Salsa recipes.Thanks

ant_sonja, Jan 5, 8:46pm
Ripe tomatoes, one small onion, red chilli, jalapeno and coriander leaves as well as olive oil, lime juice, garlic (some do, some don't.) and salt and pepper. Chop the tomato into smallish chunks, onion into fine rings or pieces, chilli and jalapeno need to be chopped. Mix everything together with a good splash of olive oil and the lime juice (one whole lime or more to taste) and season well with Salt and pepper. Pick the coriander leaves and stir through at the end. Leave to sit for a little while in the fridge for the flavours to develop. Adjust seasoning at this stage if needed and enjoy :-)

kassie48, Jan 5, 9:16pm
Sounds yum a.s
OP there are recipes in the lefthand message board. Put Salsa under keyword, then under date posted put last year.
Esasy one I've made, Jar Canton Sweet'N'Sour, add chopped spring onions, tomatoes, peppers & celery

porsche9, Jan 6, 8:37pm
Thank you to all who answered my query.I am wondering though as to what is jalapeno and how is it bought!

ant_sonja, Jan 6, 8:59pm
Jalapeno are medium sized chili peppers, picked when still green. If you can't find any fresh ones, most supermarkets sell them in glass jars.

porsche9, Jan 7, 8:56am
Thank you for that info ant_sonja, I've learnt something there, i had heard of it but that was all.

richard198, Jan 8, 12:08am
Some chefs add red capsicum (very finely chopped!) to above recipes.
I personally don't like it but some do!

davidt4, Jan 8, 12:18am
Peach and Tomato Salsa

2 spring onions
1 small red chilli
3 peaches
8 cherry tomatoes
small bunch coriander
juice of 2 limes
3 tab olive oil

Finely chop spring onions, chili, peaches, tomatoes and coriander, mix gently, add lime juice and oil.

davidt4, Jan 8, 12:19am
Salsa Lucia (Argentinean)

½ c Kalamata olives, finely chopped
1 tab capers, rinsed and finely chopped
2 tab fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 red capsicum, finely chopped
1 green capsicum, finely chopped
1 small red onion, finely chopped
½ tsp grated orange zest
1 tsp chilli flakes
salt and pepper
1 c extra virgin olive oil

Combine everything but oil, slowly whisk in oil.Will keep refrigerated up to 3 days