How do i bone and butterfly a leg of lamb !

teddy147, Jan 3, 6:48am
i have one in the frezzer, but i dont know how to go about it.tia

cookessentials, Jan 3, 7:15am
Hi Teddy, I buy mine already done, but here is a video (NZ) on how to do just that. Hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=fWGaazDEfEg

seniorbones, Jan 3, 9:23am
I cant stand that woman! but great to see how its done I usually get the butcher to do it and then marinate it as soon as I get home and freeze with the marinade so its ready to just thaw out. Last year new world in waikane had them on special and I asked for it to be boned and butterflied, it went out the back at one price and came out doubled, I said they had repriced it wrong and was told 'no it is now a gourmet piece of meat and priced accordingly!" I told her where to stick her lamb andhave never been back, Pak n save had them cheap this year bought two and they did it free :-)

seniorbones, Jan 3, 9:24am
.oops 'last year' not this year.

nauru, Jan 3, 9:29am
Good on yer, seniorbones, they really know how to charge, that was just a rip off.Wonder if they sold it at the new price.

seniorbones, Jan 3, 9:32am
probably, I did notice in their deli fresh meat section that they had one boned and wrapped already with the label 'gourmet boned leg' so I should have asked first, but I have been doing this for years and have never ever been charged.

cookessentials, Jan 3, 9:58am
I didn't watch the whole video.she was a bit painful. I noticed some of the comments on the youtube video that said the same thing!

shop-a-holic, Jan 3, 10:22am
I'm extremely confused.

When she asked whether the calf muscle was a silverside, and he confirmed it.I had to stop watching.