I need a recipe for a very small pavlova please

white_elephant, Jan 1, 6:13pm
I have never made one before but there is alot of tension around here because the brother ate the last piece, the daughter missed out. I don't want to make a normal size one because the son & I can't control ourselves where pav is concerned.

gardie, Jan 1, 6:18pm
http://www.holst.co.nz/Recipes/Pavlova

Either half the recipe - OR make the whole recipe into 2-3 smaller pavs and put the spares in the freezer for another time.They store well.

white_elephant, Jan 1, 6:35pm
Thankyou gardie, I was nervous about halving a recipe I didn't know but I will make three small ones and freeze two.

kernal1, Jan 2, 3:15am
Rule of thumb for me!LOL. 1/2 teacup caster sugar for each egg white, usual vinalla, vinegar, salt, cornflour is small proportions( I use teasp for 4 egg whites) and 1/4 teasp baking powder! Pile as high as possible on tray, oven 150deg and turn down to 100 when pav put in.takes maybe 1 1/2hrs but if not required immediately turn oven off and and it will be nicer than trying to store elsewhere! Mine just go on dry greaseproof paper and I often turn upside down to have a flat area to cream.
Still believe beating is the secret.my near 40 yr old son recently aquired a Kenwood and he now makes all the family and extended families pavs and they are 'nearly' as good as mine!:):)