vol au vont fillings

masav, Feb 2, 6:56am
x1
hi ther i need some recipies for fillings that i can make now and freeze can any one give me some for chicken , tuna/smoked fish, and a vegetarian option

darlingmole, Feb 2, 6:59am
make a basic white sauce and then add anything you like with varying stocks.

mussels
smoked oysters
smoked fish
tuna
chicken
sweet corn'n'cheese

245sam, Feb 2, 7:00am
masav, have a look at:-

http://www.derlenbakery.co.nz/recipes/default. asp

You'll find recipes there for the Base Sauce Mixture and Filling options... . . Beef, Chicken, Lamb, Pork, Seafood, Turkey and Vegetarian.

Hope that helps. :-))

masav, Feb 2, 7:03am
do you think i can freeze the fillings

245sam, Feb 2, 7:32am
masav, I have not done so, so I can't advise you for certain but I note on the website in #3 that it says "These fillings we are sharing with you can be prepared ahead of time. There is a flavour for all taste buds. Fill mixture in vol-au-vent cases no more than one hour prior to consumption for best results then simply heat for 10 minutes at 180deg C " - there is no mention of their suitability or otherwise re freezing the fillings.

Is there a particular reason for wanting to freeze the fillings (e. g. are you wanting to prepare ahead for a function/party)? If so and time permits I suggest that you make up a small quantity of the sauce mix and trial a filling or two, in the freezer, to be sure that when the pressure is on at the time of the function/party that you aren't disappointed with the prepared ahead and previously frozen filling(s). :-))

masav, Jul 24, 6:46pm
cool i will give it a go
thanks guys