Whiped cream

sailor13, Dec 27, 9:23am
On Christmas day whipedcream with iceing sugar &vinllia hour later we had more water than cream what is wrong .

gardie, Dec 27, 5:47pm
Just whisk it up again before you use it - about 20 - 30 secs with hand whisk.I have a big bowl (getter emptier now!) of whipped cream in the fridge - I just give it a quick whisk before I use it each time and its back to normal (until the next time, that is).

kellsz, Dec 27, 7:11pm
Maybe something in the vanilla! as I have never had this happen. Could be alchol in essence (assuming thats what you used)

This year I used vanilla flavoured sugar from a dutch shop. was DEVINE! way nicer than vanilla essence

rainrain1, Dec 27, 7:37pm
I noticed the cream didn't whip nicely, and wondered if something has been added to it to cause this, you wouldn't know what goes in these days.Also the heat could have had something to do with it,

herself, Dec 27, 8:16pm
Over beating causes the water to separate.

griffo4, Dec 27, 9:11pm
Cream today is different from what it used to be

rainrain1, Dec 27, 9:17pm
yes most people know that, but this cream was different somehow

pickles7, Dec 27, 9:58pm
I got onto the cows last year, reminded them of there duty to provide me with whipping cream. They sure stood up to the task this year, I had no problems whipping there cream this year.

pickles7, Dec 27, 9:58pm
It sure was. I am thinking it may be low fat cream, you can see water in cream, We bought our cream 1 week earlier and there was not any water on the bottom of the bottle, I look as it was a huge problem for us years ago. I will go look at the other bottle I have not opened. bbs

pickles7, Dec 27, 10:06pm
No water on the bottom still, shook the bottle and it is .loose.I will be lodging a complaint with the bottlers.

momma1, Dec 27, 10:15pm
we got something called whipping cream from CREAN, for a pta function. its wonderful stuff, stable, it tastes good and other than taking a bit to whip no issues. but you have to buy it in larger quantities.

uli, Dec 26, 10:57pm
One hour is a long time to let it stand. Next time whip it when you want to use it.

Also if you feel the cream was "different" - have you by chance bought "thickened cream"! This is quite different from the "normal" pouring cream which can be whipped quite easily.

uli, Dec 26, 10:59pm
If you want a cream that stays "whipped" for any longer period of time then you have to stabilize it:

1 tsp. gelatin
4 tsp. cold water
1 c. whipping cream (at least 24 hours old and very cold)
1/4 c. fine sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Combine gelatin and cold water in small saucepan. Let stand until thick.
Place over low heat, stirring constantly just until gelatin dissolves.
Remove from heat and cool slightly.

Whip cream, sugar and vanilla until slightly thickened.

While beating slowly, gradually add gelatin to whipped cream mixture.

Whip at high speed until stiff.

malcovy, Dec 27, 5:45am
Uli thanks for that re #13.

retired, Dec 27, 6:34pm
I as given a tip many, many years ago.Put a teaspoon of Vanilla Instant Pudding into whipped cream.It stays firmer and also gives flavour.Cream never goes "floppy", very good for filling eclairs and topping the pav.

kaddiew, Dec 27, 7:16pm
No problems with the whipped cream here. I whipped it with icing sugar and vanilla essence Xmas Eve day, and it held up perfectly, no separating, till all used up days later.

nauru, Dec 28, 6:03am
My whipped cream didn't separate either.Still have a little left in the fridge and it is still OK.