Kenwood mixer

izzy_c, Dec 25, 5:33am
Hey, wanting to buy a mixer, like the kenwood ones but unsure of what size i should go for.Im a keen baker and need a mixer that will stand the test of time. any recommendations from you!

gardie, Dec 25, 5:47am
Definately Kenwood for me although the older ones are supposed to be better.Kitchenaid seems to be a popular brand but the $1000 approx price tag puts me off slightly.Will stick with my 22year old Kenwood.Do a search on the left over there <===have been some relatively recent discussions on the subject.

cookessentials, Dec 25, 5:54am
Depends on where you buy it from gardie.I amm sure there are retailers out there that would do you a good deal. Kenwood are belt driven.better to go gear driven.

chooky, Dec 25, 8:45am
I would go for Kenwood. Brought my first one when I went flatting, that lasted 15 years, and was damaged by my son and couldnt be repaired. Insurance paid out and I got another one and that is going on 13years.Just dont put the beaters in the didhwasher.

gerry64, Dec 25, 9:51pm
The new Kenwoods are not at all as good as the old models - my sister bought a new kenwood this year and is not at all impressed so I bought the Kitchenaide and it is fantastic - I might add I had my old Kenwood for 35 years sad day when it died

molly37, Dec 25, 10:45pm
I got a bright red one for Xmas. Used it to whip cream yesterday, not as fast as the old ones and the beater doesnt go to the bottom of the bowl, however I read that can be adjusted with a screwdriver. It looks fab on the bench. love it.

cookessentials, Dec 26, 3:08am
molly37, these machines are gear driven, they are not meant to go "fast" like a belt driven kenwood. High speed is not necessary on a grear driven machine. It mixes to some 67 points in the bowl as opposed to about 11 on a Kenwood. You can adjust the beater. Watch the DVD all the way through.