Spray starch question

tlkin, Dec 24, 8:47am
I know its not cooking but I need some help! i bought a can of Crisp spray starch to spray on a vintage tea cloth that i am giving to my neice tomorrow. just about to iron it and read the fine print that says "do not use on linen fabrics." why would it say that! what might go wrong! There are no active ingrediants listed and i have googled it.

cookessentials, Dec 24, 8:56am
I think it gives them quite a "sheen" I would rinse it, dry it and then press using the linen setting on your iron and some steam.

tlkin, Dec 24, 9:02am
Thanks cookessentials. I was going to do that and i went to a craft stall a couple of months ago and they had their tea cloths looking VERY wrinkle free and said they had used spray starch. I dont want to wreck this linen one so i think i will stick to my origonal plan and iron with steam - and maybe damp cloth!

tlkin, Dec 24, 9:03am
I will try it on our serviettes instead!

rodzart, Dec 24, 9:06am
I have used Crisp spray starch for ages . on linen fabrics and for quilting fabricsfor years , Iwould recomend it , Ivnever had a disaster

tlkin, Dec 24, 9:07am
Thanks for the input! I was hoping you were around - you have good advice! merry Christmas!