Who's pooped from a day in the kitchen

tommydog, Dec 24, 8:20am
Goodness me I can hardly keep my peepers open.Off to catch some z eds as long as another dam earthquake doesn't get me running out of the house.Early start tommorrow good luck out there ladies and lets all look forward to putting our feet up on Boxing Day.Merry Christmas Everyone.

uli, Dec 24, 8:55am
Good luck tommydog - hope you get a good nights sleep down there.
No early start for me tomorrow - as I will just forage and eat what I feel like. Most likely raspberries picked freshly from the canes in the garden for breakfast, then fermented salmon and some fresh potatoes and butter and green salad for lunch - then not sure if I want dinner .

Merry Xmas!

seniorbones, Dec 24, 10:15am
me! and I'm about to hit the sack, up early to get everthing done for 9am to leave for sons to do gifts and first course then on to daughters for full lunch. Son is going to his partners family this year. Merry Christmas everyone and enjoy the day tomorrow.

uli, Dec 24, 9:35pm
So how you are all faring today! Had my very own pineapple for morning tea (picked a few days ago) instead of the raspberries which will go into some sort of lovely lunch or dinner later in the day :)

eastie3, Dec 24, 10:22pm
Uli,I didn't know that pineapples grew in NZ,lucky you.The raspberries sound delicious too,but I'm not so sure about fermented salmon.I've just put the pav in the oven,I planned to make it last night,then we had friends call in so that plan didn't happen.

Merry Christmas to all the TMMB cooks.

uli, Dec 24, 10:26pm
It is just lovely raw salmon :)
Try it sometime - some people call it Gravlax.

davidt4, Dec 24, 11:32pm
Gravlax is delicious, isn't it.

I didn't know we were having guests for Christmas lunch and dinner until the evening of the 23rd,otherwise I would have made some.

And yes, I was totally pooped at the end of yesterday, doing all of the prep for two meals today.I can hear the first lunch guest arriving now, so see you all tomorrow.

beaker59, Dec 25, 11:39pm
not pooped at all :) as everyone else cooked for me yesterday.

Tomorrow is my big day though, large roast pork and 3 roast chooks salads desserts etc for 30 people. Really looking forward to it though as will have all6 children thier partners and my 5 granddaughters heaps of brothers sisters in laws etc etc here for a family get together :) our first one for ages well it always seems like ages, won't be hard though as everyone will help.

uli, Dec 26, 6:25am
I envy you your lovely big family beaker - did you get some nice fish lately! The fisher people here are all disgruntled about this season so far.