S(ham)bles!

lulu239, Dec 23, 10:44pm
We put the ham and some of the fixings for the punch into the outside frig a week ago. I meant several times to check what I had bought in the liquid line but thought "there's no hurry". On Thursday I went to check and you guessed it - the frig had been turned off by my dearly beloved after he had used some power tool which was also on a power box. 6 days with no refrigeration!I nearly wept and he was devastated. It has had a decent burial. As we were providing the ham for Christmas lunch it was another trip to the supermarket.

beautifulflower, Dec 23, 10:53pm
that would really rip my f*^kin knittie.have a good xmas

craig04, Dec 24, 1:04am
Feel for you.that sucks!

griffo4, Dec 24, 2:12am
At least you found it today and not tomorrow

that would be sooogutting l really feel for you and l hope you got another today without too much waiting in queues

asue, Dec 24, 2:16am
S**T happens regardless of the season!At least you will always remember xmas 2011.

chynna2, Dec 24, 3:17am
Oh bad one!Hope you have managed to get more supplies in before the shops close.

My father forgot to bring the ham he'd bought for our Christmas lunch, when he arrived on Christmas eve.Rather than pay out for a new ham he drove from Hamilton to Mount Maunganui and back again to get the ham!Needless to say he had a strong one waiting for him when he got back!