Pork Ribs - sauce please

otterhound, Dec 23, 1:58am
Looking for a very simple sauce/marinade for my pork ribs tonight.Nothing special or fancy, just something to add flavour.TIA=)

ant_sonja, Dec 23, 3:14am
Hey otter, my husband does something with cumin/worster (spelling haha) sauce, onion, kiwifruit, garlic, tinned chopped tomatoes, chilli and brown sugar as well as plenty of Salt & pepper. Cook the whole lot down and use to marinade your ribs as well as baste them with the mix during cooking time. it's up to personal taste really, more or less chilli/sugar/garlic etc. Have a play around. The main thing with ribs, imo, is to cook nice and slow, then on a hot BBQ to finish off. Merry Christmas :-)

gerry64, Dec 23, 3:26am
have used this recope so many times otterhound and everybody loves it
marinade
2 cloves garlic
1tbsp rice wine
2tbsp miso paste(you could subsitiute this for any flavouring you like really)
sauce
2tbsp light soy sauce
2tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp light brown sugar
1tbsp runny honey
sometimes I add chillie
Sounds really simple and it is - but they go lovely and sticky - I cook mine in the slow coooker - then finish them off in the wok in the sause until it goes sticky

otterhound, Dec 23, 3:51am
Thank you - I have no rice wine but I'm sure that won't be the end of the world!Ant_sonja - sounds yum but I need quantities=)Could probably figure it out once I'd tasted it, but until then I'm not all that useful!

ant_sonja, Dec 23, 4:06am
Hi again otter, I would say a good tsp cumin, 2 tbsp worster sauce, 1 x onion (chopped), 2 kiwifruit (chopped), 2-3 cloves of Garlic (chopped or grated), 2 tins of tomatoes, chilli (as hot as you like it!), 3 TBSP brown sugar, cook down and see what you think! Can also add somked paprika if you have any! We make this in bigger amounts and add/amend as needed but it goes nice and sticky on the ribs and the kiwifruit helps to tenderize in case its needed. We baste the meat during cooking and any leftovers are cooked down again and served alongside.