Pavlova, leaving it in the oven to cool!

dollydot, Dec 22, 9:24am
Is it always best to leave the pav in the oven it's cooked to let it cool! When I last did this it went flat.It is an oven that has a fan whenever it is used on bake and also has a fan bake function when it has a fan boost.I was using the bake option not fan bake.Anyone else have an luck making pavs in this type of oven! It's a Classique (Smeg) European oven. I want to make one on Saturday but don't have the time to make another if it fails. Any advice appreciated.It may have failed due to under-beating maybe but I thought I had done everything right. I have used Nigella's pav recipe and Jo Seagars one but can't remember which I used when it went flat.

seniorbones, Dec 22, 9:27am
I always leave mine in the oven overnight, not sure why it would go flat. Is it beaten well! mine is very stiff and virtually comes out the same shape it goes in,.

elaine231, Dec 22, 9:27am
I use just normal oven not fan oven with pavs - and once cooked usually take it out. Don't spread it out to much. Merry Christmas

dollydot, Dec 22, 9:37am
I'll be sure to beat it well until very stiff.It's not possible to use our oven without any fan at all, it's part of the bake setting but isn't the fan bake setting that has an extra fan.The bake fan is to circulate the heat.I think I wish I had a normal oven that has no fan setting.Think I had better be sure to take it out when it's cooked and col at room temp.Thanks for your suggestions.I would so like a successful pav.