APRICOT AND GINGER STUFFING
½ cup dried apricots
boiling water
1 onion
1 tbsp grated root ginger
1½ cups soft breadcrumbs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 egg

Place apricots in a bowl. Cover with boiling water and leave to rehydrate for about 1 hour. Drain and chop. Peel and finely chop the onion. Mix onion, apricots, ginger, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and egg together until well combined.
Use to stuff chicken or turkey or bake in muffin tins at 180°C for 10 minutes.
Makes about 1½ cups.

Because I make our turkey into a variation of Alison Holst's Roast Chicken Casserole I like to provide some extra stuffing for those who like more than just the stuffing mix that tops the casserole. I have used the above recipe for that reason and cooked it in muffins tins - it was a popular choice so I'm doing the same again this year.

As the original recipe request is for last Christmas I wonder what stuffing joan24 decided on!
Had I been home this time last year I could have (and would have) offered the above recipe but we take it turn about with our family to have them here for Christmas here or to be with them at their home - away last year, home this year.:-))

joan24, Dec 22, 8:22am
Any recipe including prunes, apricots, brazil nuts please

narnas1, Dec 21, 10:35am
I just make my usual with cooked onion, heaps fresh herbs, diced apricots and a good handful of pinenuts, wouldnt have a clue about measurement, just keep adding till it looks and smells right.