Help lost recipe

t.rex5, Dec 20, 8:15pm
its a good ol favourite nobody seems to be able to find it i know that its got plain biscuits crumbled up sugar and butter cocoa for a chocolate versian or we left the cocoa out and did pain with lemon icing i know you throw all ingrediants in a pot and keep it in the fridge
sound familier to anybody lol

jcsolgier, Dec 20, 8:26pm
Is it a cake/slice biscuit!

fifie, Dec 20, 8:45pm
Maybesomething like this from T/M not sure who posted it.
Easy Lemon slice
1/2c condensed milk, 100gm butter, 200gm plain biscuits, 1c coconut, 1 lemon rind finely grated. Lemon Icing: 2c icing sugar, 40gm butter softened, 1 lemon juiced. Put condensed milk & butter in saucepan. Cook 4-5 mins until butter is melted. Process biscuits to crumbs in food processor. Combine biscuit crumbs, coconut, & lemon rind in bowl. Mix in butter mix. Stir well and press into a lined slice pan. Chill in fridge 1 hour till firm. Make icing by combining all ingredients in bowl & beating til smooth. Spread over slice.

kev1987, Dec 21, 3:12am
Yummmmmmmmmm! Sounds like Mum's chocolate fridge cake. Crushed wine biscuits bound with a mixture of melted butter, sugar, cocoa, and an egg beaten in after slightly cooled, and the iced. It had chocolate chips, sultanas, or whatever else she had to hand in there too. I Like to make a lemon and ginger variation now I'm a grown up ;)

barbs60, Dec 21, 4:13am
Biscuit Fudge.
Crush 2pkts of wine biscuits, (i put them in a couple of supermarket bags and use a rolling pin)
Melt 250gms of butter add 3/4 cup sugar, 3 Tblspns cocoa, 2 beaten eggs, vanilla essence. Add the biscuits, press into dish and refridgerate.
I don't bother icing it's yummy enough. You can halve this recipe

marcs, Dec 21, 4:38am
Hedgehog slice!

kinna54, Dec 21, 4:51am
this one: I have posted it several times in several versions: You can leave out the sultanas, add lemon or orange zest to the mix and ice with lemon icing, add cocoa and make a choc base, add coffee essence and ice with coffee icing, it's a really versatile mix. And yes, do store it in the fridge

Chocolate Cream Squares. (*The biscuit cake*)

Ingredients:
250gwine biscuits
1/2 cup cornflakes
1/2 cup sultanas
125g butter
3-4 TBSPS condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method:
Crush wine biscuits and cornflakes finely.
To this add the sultanas .
Melt together butter, vanilla essence and condensed milk.

Add this to the dry mixture and blend together well.

Press into a swiss roll tin.

Ice with chocolate icing,,Sprinkle withcoconut or chopped nuts.
(or flavoured icing that suits the base.)

bluetigerrr, Dec 21, 6:13am
Hedgehog Slice (very old/original recipe :)

1/4 lb butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tblsp cocoa
1 packet wine biscuits, crushed
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence (although you could use vanilla paste instead - but use a little less, as paste is more potent)

Melt butter, sugar and cocoa. Add beaten egg and vanilla. Bring to the boil, remove from heat and add biscuits. Mix well and press into greased tin to set. Ice while warm with chocolate icing.
So easy, and so so good!