A basic question about brandy snap baskets

gerry64, Dec 19, 8:39pm
I made some pineapple ones last weekend and struggled with the shaping of them - I shaped them over an upturned cup - should I have been shaping them inside the cup!

lodgelocum, Dec 19, 9:02pm
No, shaped over the upturned cup/glass, just practice needed probably, the type of thing you need to move quickly with and only one or two at a time.

gerry64, Dec 19, 9:17pm
cheers -the shapes were a bit messy last time -tasted lovely -made with fresh pinepple - same principal as brandy snaps - fresh pineapple flourcaster sugar and butter blended - going to have another go today so thought I may have been doing it the wrong way - wont panic this time!

daleaway, Dec 19, 9:34pm
Sounds wonderful - care to share the recipe!

gerry64, Dec 20, 12:23am
They are lovely- had somethign similar at a restaurant but they had just cut them into shards and put them on coconut icecream so went searching for a recipe
here is the link so you can see how nice they look - but I can tap out the recipe if you need
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/4634/pineapple+wafers+with+ice+cream+and+chocolate+sauce

lodgelocum, Dec 20, 12:46am
I think its nicer when not a perfect shape, shows you made them with love anyway.

gerry64, Dec 20, 1:10am
the surprise on my guests faces was funny as they thought they were undercooked brandy snaps -