Cranberry sauce

jen69, Dec 18, 7:14pm
Does anyone have a cranberry sauce recipe using dried cranberries! Or knows how to convert a recipe that uses fresh or frozen cranberries, to using dried ones! Thankyou!

tipsy_bl0nde, Dec 19, 3:10am
I got this on here last year. sorry not sure who from.

Cranberry & Red Onion Relish
This is a really nice relish to serve with Turkey or Ham for Christmas. A nice change to the usual pots of cranberry sauce & jelly that we can buy.

2 tablespoons butter
2 red onions peeled and sliced
Grated rind and juice of 1 large orange
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
4 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
4 tablespoons red wine
1/2 teaspoon allspice
pinch of ground cinnamon

Method
Melt the butter in medium saucepan and fry the onions gently until softened, about 8 - 10 minutes. Add the orange rind and juice, and cook gently for 5 minutes. Add the cranberries to the saucepan with the sugar, wine vinegar, red wine vinegar and spices. Heat until just boiling and then reduce the heat. Simmer until syrupy, about 15 minutes. Pot the relish in sterilized small glass jars. Place a circle of greaseproof paper over the surface of each one, and then seal and label the jars.
** Remember to store it in the refrigerator after opening and use within 2 weeks.

nauru, Dec 19, 4:20am
I posted this recipe last year. Made it again for this Christmas, did half frozen and half dried cranberries this time around.

tipsy_bl0nde, Dec 19, 4:29am
:) There you go it was delicious :)

jen69, Dec 20, 6:34pm
Thank you, I shall give it a go. I may have to use all dried as cant find frozen at our Countdown. I shall put a note in their suggestion box to please stock some next year! Merry christmas.