Coca Cola Ham Glaze

babytears, Dec 17, 7:38am
Had this a few years ago, can anyone tell me how to do it. I vaguely remember the host pouring a cup of coke of the ham every once in a while, it thickened whilst cooking and it was the most delicious cooked ham I've ever had. Anyone else had this!

leigh71, Dec 18, 9:11pm
I make a Coca Cola dish called "White Trash Chicken"
Place chicken portions in one layer in a roasting dish & pour over a bottle of Tomatoe Sauce & half a bottle of large coke, cook on low heat in oven until the sauce has reduced & chicken is cooked. It comes out a bit like Sweet & Sour, this might be similar to your ham recipe.

fisher, Dec 18, 10:07pm
Here's a glaze you might like I have been posting over the years. those that have used it, reported it was great when they didn't want the proverbialsweet glaze.
Ham is baked only at 180c
Peel or cut off the brown skin from a cooked ham. Remove as much of the fat as you like or all of it.
Either score through the fat, nearly to the meat, making diamond shapes, or if you have removed all fat, leave the surface un scored .
2 tbsp whole seed mustard1/4 cup julienne or finely grated ginger1 cup brown sugar330mls dark beer .
Combine mustard ginger and sugar in a bowl with just enough beer to form a thick paste. Set aside.
Pour rest of beer over ham in roasting dish, bake for 40mins basting halfway through.
Now smear paste all over the ham and bake for 30mins more basting as required.
Cant see why you couldn't use coke in place of the beer.

babytears, Dec 19, 6:08pm
Thanks you two :)