Yoghurt drizzle on top of Muesli Bar's.

tremooth, Dec 17, 5:13am
Can anyone please tell me the recipe for the Yogurt drizzle that goes on top of Muesli Bars as I want to make a batch of home made bars but cant find the mix for the drizzle - I want it to set very firm and not require refrigeration.
I have googled it and there are people asking the same question but no actual recipe -or any sweetened drizzle that can be left at room temp and stay fresh for up to a week would be great - Thanks
(I have already tried white and dark chocolates but want something different) Thanks for your help :))))))

toadfish, Dec 17, 5:15am
I actually don't think you want to know whats in the yoghurt drizzle. I would imagine very little yoghurt and lots of fats & flavourings. white chocolate sounds like a nicer option.Not sure how but maybe some sort of caramel. made from a lollies recipe.

tremooth, Dec 17, 5:22am
Hi Toadfish - Have you got the recipe for a caramel drizzle that you think would set firm and not require refrigeration.

toadfish, Dec 17, 5:25am
I haven't made caramel. .but have seen some recipes here for jersey caramels. think that would be ok at room temp. You could drizzle some and then put the rest in a container and have as sweets.

Caramels

1 cup of Golden Syrup or Corn Syrup ( prefer corn syrup)
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups thickened cream
1 tsp vanilla.

First butter a 18 x 22cm pan. In a large heavy based pot combine the golden syrup, butter, brown sugar and cream. Bring to boil stirring constantly. Turn heat down and continue stirring until it reaches soft ball stage , about 240F (I think that is about 123C) if you have a candy thermometer.
Remove from the heat and add the vanilla. Pour into the pan and let cool completely. When it is set I cut it into squares and freeze them for a while, then dip them in chocolate. You can also roll into balls and dip too.