Gluten free pasta salad

shelley39, Dec 17, 12:02am
I am wanting a recipe for GF pasta salad.I like the creamy ones rather that oil dressing. Thanks

245sam, Dec 17, 12:23am
shelley39, I'm assuming that by your reference to "that oil dressing" you are meaning vinaigrette, therefore I wonder if you'd like to try the following recipe for a pasta salad with a tomato pasta sauce-based dressing.
I am not GF, nor have I cooked for anyone who is, but please note that you will need to use a GF pasta (obviously) and not as recommeded in the recipe, and check that the pasta sauce is GF and also IMO you would need to check re the wine vinegar - I understand that Cider Vinegar is GF.

Alison Holst's TOMATO AND GARLIC PASTA SALAD
“Choose pasta which has a yellowish colour when raw. This pasta is made from a special ‘hard’ wheat flour and keeps its shape when cooked. As you eat it, you’ll notice it feels quite ‘bouncy’ in your mouth.”

Dressing:
1 cup (250g) bottled or canned Garlic Pasta sauce
¼-½ cup olive oil
1 tbsp wine vinegar
1 tsp each of sugar and ground cumin
½ tsp each of salt and crumbled dried oregano

Mix all the ingredients in a food processor, or shake together in a screw-topped jar.

250g tortellini, spirals or other pasta shapes
2 spring onions, white and green parts thinly sliced
any or all of the following:-
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley; 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced; ¼-½ unpeeled, thin-skinned cucumber, cubed; drained whole kernel corn

Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling, lightly salted water, with a tablespoon of added oil, then drain it thoroughly. Take care not to under-cook or over-cook the pasta.
Stir about three-quarters of the dressing gently into the hot, drained pasta and leave to stand for at least 15 minutes (“I find it convenient to put the pasta and dressing in an unpunctured oven bag to mix and store it.” – A. Holst)
Refrigerate the salad until required for serving, then just before serving stir in the spring onions and any of the optional extra parsley and vegetables. Add a little of the remaining dressing if the salad needs it.
Serves 4.

Hope that helps.:-))

shelley39, Dec 19, 6:45pm
thanks this sounds nice