Dipped choc truffles leaking

nauru, Dec 15, 3:33am
I have choc dipped some of my truffles today.Some of them have started to leak through the chocolate at the bottom. I have never known this happen before.Anyone had the same problem or got any idea what is wrong.
I guess, Hubby now has a few rejects to nibble on prior to Christmas.

babytears, Dec 15, 5:46am
yip, this happened to me the other day, they started leaking through their bottoms (lol) not long after dipping them in choc. i just turned them upside down and put them in the freezer, pulled them out earlier today, and they're fine now

nauru, Dec 15, 6:14am
Thanks babytears, I will put them in the freezer and see if that helps.The first batch dipped were OK, it was the second batch that have leaked.

cat286, Dec 15, 8:29am
Had you refrigerated them before you dipped them! I find that the closer they are to room temp when dipped, the less likely they are to bleed.

babytears, Dec 15, 8:51am
Ohhhhh that'll be my problem then. I'll keep this in mind for next time :)

nauru, Dec 15, 7:46pm
Thanks for your input Cat286, Yes, my mixture was kept in the fridge same as always.I have never had this happen in the past as I dipped when they were chilled.I will do some more today and allow them to get to room temp fore dipping to see if this helps.

nauru, Dec 16, 2:54am
I have dipped some more, as suggested, I left them to come to room temp before dipping. There's still the odd one which has leaked, although the end result is much better.I have just looked at the ones I did yesterday and where they leaked, it has sealed itself again.