Got mince out but dont know what to do with it!

draco27, Dec 14, 1:21am
hey guys, iv got some mince out for tea tonight, not sure what to do with it though, i know theres heaps of things out there to do with mince. i want something yummy but something that doesnt take forever to make, its pay day on thursday so running low on everything too, did think of nachos but dont have nacho chips!

dreamers, Dec 14, 1:30am
Patties,with onion,egg,mint etc rolled in a bit of flour

kinna54, Dec 14, 1:31am
I was going to say Tacos.or chow mein noodle salad, chilli con carne, meatballs don't take a lot of ingredients, serve with a can of crushed tomatoes and herbs to make a sauce, or maybe make a nice gravy. maybe a meatloaf. Lazy lasagna, depends what's in the cupboards. know the feeling waiting for payday, and not a lot of specials this week either!

draco27, Dec 14, 1:37am
i know its horrible lol, i feel like good old spagbol but partners over it lol. i was just guna do pasta bake with mince, makes it go further but we dont have the sauce that my partner likes so he doesnt want that either lol. just saw new world add, and no not much on special. keri juice. that will help me heaps lol

245sam, Dec 14, 1:47am
draco27, do you by chance have a tub of cottage cheese!If so, here's a recipe that quick and easy to make and the cottage cheese gives the meatloaf a nice moistness and helps make just 500g mince go much further.and if you have anyone who doesn't like cottage cheese, it's honestly not really obvious in the cooked meatloaf.

COTTAGE CHEESE MEAT LOAF
500g mince, preferably lean mince
1 tbsp prepared mild mustard or other mixed mustard of choice
½ cup rolled oats
¼ cup tomato sauce
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp finely chopped or grated onion
1 cup (1 x 250g pottle) cottage cheese
¼ cup parmesan cheese

Combine all the ingredients, except the parmesan cheese, then press the mixture into a greased 23cm x 15cm loaf tin.
Bake at 180°C for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and top with the parmesan cheese. Return to the oven for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven again and allow to stand for about 5 minutes - for ease of cutting. Serve hot or cold.

Hope that helps.:-))

draco27, Dec 14, 2:02am
245sam that sounds sooo yummy! im going to keep that recipe and make it when i get cottage cheese in the grocerys on thursday

charlieb2, Dec 14, 2:06am
Got any wraps!Mexican mince in wraps!

Failing that, tell your partner you are making spag bol. and if he doesnt want it, HE can cook the mince, lol

draco27, Dec 14, 2:10am
lol yeah i think thats what its going to be. he would be happy with dry fried up mince so i think i will just do it lol. we have some tortilla wraps maybe i could use some spagbol sauce in the mince and have cheese and whatever else i can scrape together lol. dont know what it would be like with spagbol sauce lol

dorothy_vdh, Dec 14, 2:37am
last night we had mince stroganoff

mecanix, Dec 14, 2:52am
mince on toast.

brown an onion, some garlic and add the mince. a dash of cumin,worcestireshire sauce, and beef stock ( you can leave out anything you dont have) some frozen mixed vegies and i often add potatoe and kumara and mushrooms.

put it on toast with tomatoe sauce.

draco27, Dec 14, 2:57am
omg yum y did i not think of that! i think its guna be mince on toast! lol easy and delish!