littleblackhen, Dec 13, 9:05pm
Can they be used to make a pavlova!

mike844, Dec 13, 9:07pm
yes they are great for it also sponges too

pickles7, Dec 13, 10:06pm
Way to strong, for my liking. Make a trial one

uli, Dec 14, 1:16am
Great for any baking!

They do however have more yolk than chicken eggs - so you might need some more eggs than usual to get enough whites for your pav.

gardie, Dec 14, 3:19am
I'd disagree with uli - our duck eggs were so big that even though the yolk is bigger, the whites are ample - I'd actually say that they were bigger than a chook egg white.And a pav made with duck eggs tastes no different to a normal pav.Oh dear, my day for disagreeing I'm afraid.

littleblackhen, Dec 14, 3:51am
Thanks might have to have a trial run me thinks

uli, Dec 14, 5:43am
No problem with dis-agreeing :)
It most likely depends which ducks you've kept.

I had Indian runners, Peking and a few other breeds.Only the Pekings laid bigger eggs than our chickens, the Khaki Campbells laid pretty much the same size eggs as our Australorps, so that is why I said they have bigger yolks, and not so much white - so just compare the size - or even better weigh the eggs, or even the egg whites.

Any "origianal" chefs recipe will always give the weight of the eggs or whites or yolks (depending what is used), rather than the number of eggs.

Good luck with whatever you are concocting!

littleblackhen, Dec 16, 2:27am
Have made the duck egg pav,will let you know tomorrow how it went.

littleblackhen, Dec 17, 6:53am
Duck egg pav was the best one iv'e ever made,nice and chewy,everyone enjoyed it.(followed edmonds cookbook recipe)