Right. I'm off to harvest the Cauliflower

mazzy1, Dec 12, 9:45pm
4 giant heads all ready now. Not looking forward to running the gamut of earwigs though - yuck! Thought I might make petal's Cauliflower and Pineapple Pickle I found here, but suspect there will be so much more than I can use. I could freeze some too, I guess. Any ideas on other relish/pickles or freezable recipes! We are slightly over it already having had Cauliflower Cheese and Cauliflower and Blue Cheese soup this week.

lilyfield, Dec 12, 9:51pm
more soup to freeze

mazzy1, Dec 12, 9:53pm
Yep, lilyfield, might have to resign myself to that option.lol

fisher, Dec 12, 9:54pm
Keep in the refrigerator up to a week. Blanche and freeze in labelled airtight bags.

elliehen, Dec 12, 9:56pm
Not a cauliflower hint but an earwig one.A day or two before harvest poke a tightly scrunched up ball of newspaper inside the leaves.They will migrate to the warm dry sweet crinkly home of the newspaper and then what happens next is up to you!

pericles, Dec 12, 9:58pm
my caulis were huge this year

fisher, Dec 12, 10:01pm

mazzy1, Dec 12, 10:04pm
Hey - now you're talking! I'll remember that for next year. I suspect I won't have two days up my sleeve this time round. I guess I'll be drowning them in warm salty water instead. blerk! Earwigs and spiders are my achilles heel - anything else I can cope with!

mazzy1, Dec 13, 12:06am
OK - Cauliflower and Pineapple Mustard Pickle complete. Only one earwig harmed (yep - it's terminal) in the process.