Potatoes, i need help

chevcamaro, Dec 12, 4:53am
i got some nadine potatoes, they are best boiled, mashed , potatoe salad, but they are like soggy when cooked, watery tasting, i've tryed dry roasting , and even frying the mash but it still tastes stodgy. any suggestions

iman007, Dec 12, 4:56am
sell ya camaro and buy a ford, i think your standards will lift overnight, lol

buzzy110, Dec 12, 5:20am
Have you tried disguising them! How do you think they'd go as scalloped potatoes! Par boil, slice when able and make layers with grated cheese and seasoning. Add a good dollop of cream or milk (if the idea of using cream makes you wince) and bake at 180C for more than ½hr and the potatoes are cooked through.

If nothing else, the cheese will be the overriding flavour. Yum. If you are creative you can add anything else you think will add more flavour.

chevcamaro, Dec 12, 5:38am
iman007, wash your mouth out, i washed them and boiled them with the skins on and that was a little better but not that much. gone are the days when a potatoe was a potatoe.
i've eaten alot of spuds over the years and i won't be getting these anymore

iman007, Dec 12, 5:50am
agria the best spud frying roasting and mash, my fave though is new cliff kidney,straight out the garden and scraped, always 2 or 3 rows put in for xmas, yum
must admit i havnt bought nadine. And wont be now! good luck

infinityjrc, Dec 13, 8:40am
We prefer rua to any of the others, especially agria horrid yellow things that they are, rua are nice and white and starchy a good old spud.

kuaka, Dec 13, 9:18am
nadine seem to be the spuds loathed by the majority of people.I wonder why the growers grow them and the sellers sell them.I won't buy them.If that is all they have where I normally shop, then I'll go somewhere else or use rice until I can get some different ones.