Tell me your fav recipe book

rogergayle, Dec 12, 3:57am
for fast yummy budget meals the whole family will like TIA

annie.nz, Dec 12, 4:21am
Not all of the recipes are fast or yummy, but enough are.A good fallback:
www.workandincome.govt.nz/./the-great-little-cookbook.pdf.

And the price is right, it's free.

kiwiscrapper1, Dec 12, 4:31am
Mines probably not budget meals but loving annabel langbeins freerange in the city.

scarlettnz, Dec 12, 5:28am
I like Sophie Gray's Destitute Gourmet cookbook.Has heaps of easy, yummy recipes - take a look at www.destitutegoourmet.com

winnie231, Dec 12, 5:36am
Alison Holst 'Dollars & Sense Cookbook' is a good one.
Also Sophie Gray's 'Destitute Gourmet'.

I like the fact that both these books are written with kiwi families in mind & use ingredients readily available here.

seniorbones, Dec 12, 5:59am
They have a recipe book or as back apply for a food allowance! I coudnt find any recipes.

sew.obsessed, Dec 12, 6:04am
Sophie Gray's Destitute Gourmet is my most used recipe book. I have most of her books as she uses simple ingredients and makes yummy food that the whole family loves.

kassie48, Dec 12, 6:08am
Recipies thread on here is akin to a Recipe book.

winnie231, Dec 12, 6:16am
If you look at the choices on the left-hand side of the page the link takes you to . you will see 'publications' . click there & you will see the recipe book.

terraalba, Dec 12, 7:56am
What Shall I Make!
This was a fund raiser for the Waipukarau Cancer Society. I bought it in the 1970s when I was newly married and young. It is significant for me in that when I make the recipes from this book, I follow the recipes exactly. It is just a co-incidence that I do this. It has quite a few recipes that seemed to suit the family's tastes and so I was thrilled to find it on TM and purchased another couple of copies in recent years because the first one is tattered and torn and falling apart.

rogergayle, Dec 12, 8:00am
Thanks everyone lots of good ideas

vomo2, Dec 12, 8:55pm
Every Girls Rally Cookbook available at any Christian bookshop.

sarahb5, Dec 12, 9:06pm
I don't really use a cook book for basic family meals and don't really do budget dinners either but my two favourite cook books that I use most often are The Cookery Year - a Reader's Digest cook book that my dad bought me when I first started doing cookery at school although this is a newer edition bought when we moved to New Zealand 15 years ago.The other is another UK one that my mum bought me - The Dairy Cook Book - and that has lots of basics.I tend to use google or Weight Watchers as my main recipe source at the moment though.

vashti, Dec 12, 9:39pm
My favourite too, the one with the golden cover. It would be good if they could put out a new one with a few updates.

fisher, Dec 12, 10:04pm
Rick Steins Food Heroes