Strawberry Pavalova!

cocko15, Dec 11, 3:56am
HI all. I am wanting to try and make a strawberry flavoured Pav. Was wondering how to do this, thought I could substitute the vanilla essence with Strawberry essence.does anyone know if this would work!

harrislucinda, Dec 11, 4:02am
cantsee whynotasyou areputting thesameamount
butdifferentflavorneverdoneitmyself

smh63, Dec 18, 3:56am
yep I've done this and I put a few drops of red food colouring in to give it a beautiful pink colour as well

245sam, Dec 18, 4:19am
cocko15, flavoured pavlovas are really something nice and special IMO, but strawberry is not a flavour I have tried, mainly I guess because when I have flavoured pavlova mixtures I have used liqueurse.g. creme de menthe (gives the pav a lovely flavour and a slight tinge of green), coffee liqueur (it doesn't make much difference to the colour but it is another nice flavour option) - I also tried parfait amour liqueur but found that it made the pavlova too sweet.The recipe I used for these pavlovas has 1 tbsp water + 1 tsp vanilla essence so what I did, very successfully except for the parfait amour, was use liqueur instead of both the water and the vanilla.Sometime I must try an orange pavlova using Grand Marnier or similar, perhaps with an orange topping - an option I must remember when needing to make a special dessert.:-))