Xmas cake made in muffins cases, do you

simber1, Dec 11, 1:46am
think this would work and does anyone have a reciepe please!thanks

aquasalad, Dec 11, 2:53am
Hiya,
I was thinking of making the same thing - here's a recipe from about.com which is usually pretty good http://britishfood.about.com/od/christmasrecipes/r/Christmas-Cupcake-Recipe.htm
Just make sure you put your oven at 180 deg C (as they give it in Farenheit!)
Cheers.

lynja, Dec 11, 3:17am
I made some a few weeks ago. I put about 4 cases in each muffin tin and used my usual recipe. I havent tried one yet but they look perfect. I will ice them as gifts in the next week or so.

eatthedust, Dec 11, 10:37pm
HI lynja, what recipe did you use!Thanks :)

fifie, Dec 12, 12:28am
Make these tie them up in cellophane with ribbon and give them as gifts always get good comments. Texas Muffin tins mini cakes.
1/2 kg fruit, 1 cups sugar, 1 cups water, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp mixed spice, 1/4 pack of butter, 1 Tbsp golden syrup. Boil the listed ingredients together, let cool. Add 2 eggs, 2 cups plain flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp ginger and a pinch of curry powder (yes curry powder. It brings out the spices in the cake) Mix well cook them in greased texas muffin tins with a circle of baking paper in the bottomtemperature 125-130c for 75-80 mins test with a toothpick, they do rise so don't think the are too small.When cookedtake out of oven and cool 10 mins or so wrap tin and all up in a clean towel leave to cool and keep wrapped tilli decorate them. My preference is brandy glaze.
Brandy Glaze
1 heaped Tablespoon Apricot jam. 2 Tablespoons brandy. place Jam and brandy in a small saucepan and heat gently together, whisking until throughly blended. Now using a brush paint some of the mixture over the top of the cakes then arrange nuts of glace fruit on top and then brush generously over the whole top of topping. It leaves a wonderful shine and tastes great, and nuts will stick on. Let dry and wrap in cellophane. You can easily double glaze if need be.
Recipe and glaze is from kiwitrish a pro cake decorator on here, i have used a few other ones over the years but find this with the curry powder nice and tasty and moist. Cause my oven is hot i always sit a magazine on oven rack then tin, it stops bottom from burning, and cook fairly low temp so just watch them near the end of cooking.

pheebs1, Dec 12, 12:51am
what a great idea!

lynja, Dec 12, 6:33pm
This is the cake I have made each year since the early 70s.
1 3/4 kgs mixed fruit, 1/2c fresh orange juice. 1 tbsp grated orange rind,1/2c dark jam,1/2c crushed pineapple undrained,1/2 tsp each almond,lemon and vanilla essences, 2 1/2c flour,1tbs cocoa,1/2 tsp each bicarb soda,cinnamon,nutmeg,8oz butter,8oz brown sugar,5 eggs. cream butter sugar,add eggs,slowly add combined jam,juice essences and pineapple.sift dry ingred and mix some through the fruit. add this to the creamed mixture. i use a large square tin which makes a low cake.

guest, Jan 11, 11:55am
A minute saved is a minute eanred, and this saved hours!

guest, Jan 13, 2:17pm
Let's not be smug. Nothing gets a fundy to donate like trdgaey. And there are a 100 million of them in the US. I'm sure Focus on the Family is sending out begging letters as we speak.*sigh* I could've bilked these people when I had the chance...Damn ethics!