Zuchinni or courgette recipes or simple ideas .

tammiraven, Dec 10, 5:01am
that taste great . Ive come up blank

deluxe4u, Dec 10, 5:06am
Cut into strips, marinated in Lemon infused olive oil and charred on the bbq is how we have it.

ant_sonja, Dec 10, 6:02am
I like to use them raw in salads.You can 'peel' the whole zucchini lengthways into long strips, its nice just tossed together with Olive oil/lemon/salt & pepper. Add carrot strips as well and freshly chopped parsley & basil.

dbab, Dec 10, 6:38am
I grate them into rissoles. The courgettes keep them moist, and you're getting another vegetable.
Also good in mince sauces like spaghetti bolognaise.

maximus44, Dec 10, 6:40am
Pan fried with onion and tomato is nice.

beaker59, Dec 10, 9:36pm
a couple of corgettes sliced up and a large shallot diced stir fried in butter salt and pepper :)

cabbagefan, Dec 11, 2:05am
put some corn chips on your plate, cover with grated zuch,chopped onion and a tin of chilli beans.microwave for 5 mins, chuck on some grated cheeze and sour cream.vege nachos, super easy super yum. or slice lengthways and stuff with feta, wrap in foil and bake. or.grated in a batter to make fritters!

molly37, Dec 11, 3:17am
I pan fry in butter with mushrooms, onions and sometimes tomatoes. Courgette cake is lovely too.

shellz213, Dec 11, 3:23am
I did some stuffed courgettes last Xmas Day and they were really yum.If anyone's wanting the recipe, I may be able to dig it out and post it on here (if I remember rightly, it came from one of my Foodtown magazines).

sarahb5, Dec 11, 3:43am
I always par boil zucchini before frying them in garlic, olive oil and some mixed herbs - if they're not par boiled first I think they can sometimes have a slightly bit aftertaste.I added one today to my roasted summer vegetable salad and they are good because they're very well cooked but I grate them into frittata, self crusting quiche and salads as well.

seniorbones, Dec 11, 4:21am
red onion grated zuchinni grated carrot with a balsamic vinegar is lovey I used to take it to work for lunch. But zuchinni slice is great and keeps for a few days too.

keysie, Dec 11, 7:12am
Would love this recipe please. We have tennis ball courgettes this year so would be good stuffed.

shellz213, Dec 11, 7:30am
Here you go . hope you enjoy!

STUFFED COURGETTES
4 courgettes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, peeled and finely diced
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1/4 cup pinenuts
1 roasted red capsicum, deseeded and diced
6 basil leaves, shredded
2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
1 egg, beaten
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
slivers of parmesan, basil leaves to garnish (optional)

Preheat oven to 180C.Cut the courgettes in half lengthways and scoop out and reserve the seeded flesh.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the onion, garlic, pinenuts and courgette flesh until soft and fragrant.
In a large bowl, combine the onion mix, roasted capsicum, basil leaves, breadcrumbs and egg and mix to a soft stuffing.Season well with the salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.Fill the courgette cavities with the stuffing.
Pour the chicken stock into a shallow, ovenproof dish and arrange the courgettes in a single layer on top.
Sprinkle over the parmesan and cover the dish with foil.Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the stuffing is golden and the cheese has melted.Garnish with slivers of parmesan and basil leaves, if using.
Serves 4 - 6 as side dish.

keysie, Dec 22, 10:54pm
Hi shellz213, I have stuffed courgettes in oven, seem to have a lot of stuffing left. Any hints on uses for it. Cheers

popelka1, Dec 22, 11:02pm
Fritters! grated courgettes, carrots and a little parsley and spring onion in the fritter mix, makes a light yrt filling lunch dish served as is with chutney or with a salad as well.

keysie, Dec 22, 11:05pm
Thanks, would this work with the breadcrumb mix. I guess I just add some more eggs and a bit of milk till I get right consistency.

duce3, Dec 23, 1:04am
I slice courgettes, onion, mushrooms and put into a fritter batter and fry till golden.Yummy (I have put other vegies in sometimes)

kiwinanny, Dec 23, 11:05am
For a sweet treat, try Chocolate Zuchinni Cake. the kids dont even know theres a vegetable in it.

bigsneak, Dec 24, 2:22am
i am just eating as i type this annabel laingbeins zuchinni fritters from her new cook book nom nom nom!
1 medium zuchinni
1 egg
3tbsp selfraising flour
30g feta crumbled
1 tbsp finely chopped spring onion or chives
1 small garlic clove crushed
1 tbsp finely chopped mint
1 tsp lemon juice
a pinch of chili flakes
salt and ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon butter
coarsely grate zucchini into teatowl squeeze to remove liquid